Industry Data Model
Aviation is a truly interconnected industry; however the seamless flow of data becomes challenging through the use of inconsistent definitions - the same term has different meanings in different systems while multiple terms are used to describe the same concept.
The Airline Industry Data Model (AIDM) aims to become a single point of access to store:
- Industry-agreed vocabulary
- Data definitions and their relationships
- Related business requirements
to generate interoperable, faster and easier messaging standards.
- Increased consistency of definitions and format of data exchanges improves interoperability across the industry
- Faster time to market of new or changed data exchange standards
- Faster deployment of industry standards through quality and visibility
The initial release of Airline Industry Data Model (AIDM), a common point of reference to store industry-agreed vocabulary, data definitions and their relationships, is now available for review on the PADIS Extranet site .
If you are a Data or Business Architect from an IATA Member Airline or Strategic Partner, please provide us with your feedback on the industry methodology that will help standards setting move into a modern age. You can access detailed information or even join the group maintaining the AIDM via the PADIS site.
Alternatively, you can contact the PADIS Secretary for more information.