IATA Airline Membership Benefits
International recognition and lobbying
- IATA provides a powerful, unified and experienced voice to support and promote its airlines' operations and aspirations.
- Supported by 50 offices worldwide, IATA actively lobbies governments and other international bodies on key issues such as safety, security, taxation, liberalization and environmental responsibility.
Targeting key industry priorities
- Safety remains the industry's top priority and IATA assists its members in continuing to meet industry standards.
- IOSA, which is now mandatory for IATA membership, is a critical component of IATA's safety program.
- IATA is actively working with ICAO to globally harmonize security measures and is working to improve security processes.
- Environmental responsibility. IATA is driving the industry towards carbon-neutral growth and ultimately a carbon-free future.
Driving industry change
- Members have the opportunity to help drive the industry' s priorities on key initiative such as Simplifying the Business (StB), which aims to improve passenger convenience while reducing costs and improving efficiency.
- IATA offers a number of financial services at reduced fees to help contain costs, improve cash flow and maximize efficiency.
- IATA is also helping members achieve cost reductions related to ATC charges, fuel and taxation.
- Participation in member conferences, committees and groups offers unprecedented access to a variety of airline and industry partners.
- The IATA Annual General Meeting and World Air Transport Summit bring together representatives from leading international airlines.
- IATA helps members gain influence with the travel agent community through the IATA Agency Program.
Training and other services
- IATA provides training in major fields such as passenger, cargo and safety.
- IATA programs help to strengthen the capabilities of aviation industry professionals.
- IATA members can receive discounts up to 30% on a number of IATA products and services.
See the detailed cost & benefit analysis (pdf) of IATA membership for airlines.