IATA Products & Trainings
IATA Commercial Products and Trainings
The 11th edition of the IATA World Cargo Symposium was held from the 14-16 March, 2017 in Abu Dhabi, UAE under the theme "Transform Today: Shape Tomorrow".
WCS 2017 Highlights
The event covered various tracks and topics related to air cargo and was attended by over 1000 senior experts and decision makers across the entire Air Cargo supply chain.
TACT Net Rates
Our spotlight for this article is the workshop for the “TACT Net Rates industry initiative” and the product.
TACT Net Rates create a fully automated and secure air cargo rate distribution environment that addresses current challenges such as:
- Net rates confidentiality (they require bilateral distribution)
- Rates are market driven and often negotiated locally
- Rate sheets in many formats are the basis for distribution
- Inefficient processes evolving from paper based times
- Air Cargo market development requires fast rates-to-market processes
The TACT Net Rates solution is all about securely enabling:
- Airlines to submit their rates to the system together with distribution instructions
- Rate submission in XML or in e-Rate Excel format
- Rates processing and packaging for the designated forwarders
- Rates delivery to all designated forwarders in e-Rate Excel or e-Rate PDF
- Forwarders to query and consolidate rates by market, airline, rate type, zone or product…
- Forwarders to automatically distribute rates internally
For more information on this solution, please do not hesitate to contact us at
The 2017 IATA Accredited Training Schools (ATS) Conference took place in Abu Dhabi, UAE on March 13 in parallel to the 11th World Cargo Symposium. Several ATS partners joined the event which was opened by speeches from Frederic Leger, Director Airport, Passenger, Cargo and Security and Guy Brazeau, Director IATA Training. During
the event (pdf) discussions focused on new trends in the market.
Accredited Training Schools Conference - Abu Dhabi - UAE
During the event, the IATA Training 2017 Premier Circle winners as well as the Regional Top Performing Training Partners, as a part of its prestigious training partners’ recognition program were announced. More than 450 IATA authorized training centers were evaluated on specific criteria, beginning with the quality of training delivered, and including the number of students trained. The excellence of these training partners contributes significantly to the development of the next generation of professionals. The 2017 Premier Circle winners includes (in alphabetical order):
Premier Circle Members
- Aircargo Training Center of Japan, Japan
- Alhind Academy, India
- Airport College, France
- DGM, The Netherlands
- Etihad Airways, United Arab Emirates
- Kadosh Training Services, Mauritius
- Louis Preston, Sri Lanka
- Qatar Aeronautical College, Qatar
- Sichuan Southwest College of Civil Aviation, People's Republic of China
- Turkish Airlines Aviation Academy, Turkey
The Regional winners included training partners from Africa & Middle East, the Americas, Asia Pacific, China & North Asia, and Europe. They adhered to similar selection criteria as Premier Circle at their respective regional level.
2017 Top Performing Authorized Training Centers (ATCs)
Africa and Middle East
Career Institute – Uganda
Flymates – Mauritius
Zabeel International Institute of Management & Technology – UAE
2017 | Top Performing Accredited Training Schools (ATSs)
Africa and Middle East
Entebbe Handling Services Limited – Uganda
IATA congratulates all winners for their success and thanks them for their contribution in developing more than 100,000 participants and enhancing the skill levels of the global aviation talent pool.