IATA Aviation Day Africa
Aviation Safety, Infrastructure and Capacity building
Routes to unlocking Africa's potential
Africa’s economic growth is inextricably tied to the dynamism of its air transport industry. In addition to the direct and indirect jobs created by the industry, trade within and outside Africa are part of the benefits of aviation that should be harnessed by the African continent.
Over 300 experts from airlines, ANSPs, international and regional organizations, airports, governments, suppliers and aircraft manufacturers gathered in Lagos on 17-18 September to discuss African aviation’s main challenges.
Some key topics in focus:
- Developing Intra-Africa traffic: Liberalisation, Consolidation and Harmonization
- 5 Key Steps to Aviation Safety in Africa - Implementation of the 'Abuja Declaration'
- ATM infrastructure: The next level
- Airline Economics: Managing to profitability
- Facilitating Aircraft Acquisition for African Skies
- Strategy for the replacement of aging workforce and talent retention
- Financing Aviation infrastructure
- Quality Business Planning and Corporate Governance - Essentials for Airline Viability
- Importance of building and sustaining a Safety culture in Africa
- Setting up MRO in Africa, Prospects and challenges