API/PNR Symposium Middle East North Africa
The IATA Advance Passenger Information/Passenger Name Record (API/PNR) Symposium is a conference convened under the theme “Standardizing Passenger Data for the Benefit of Aviation and Border Security."
November 8 - November 10, 2016
Crowne Plaza Beirut
Governments, Member Airlines & Strategic Partners
Deliberations at the conference will cover, amongst others, the following topics:
- Explaining the impact of UN Security Council Resolution 2178 on States, in particular related to Advance Passenger Information (API)
- Describing the regulatory framework for passenger data
- Raising awareness for the international standards and guidelines for the transmission of passenger data, the main types being API and Passenger Name Record (PNR)
- Highlighting the differences in content and usefulness between API and PNR
- Embedding passenger data programs in an Integrated Border Management (IBM) framework to maximize law enforcement benefits
- Exploring and discussing the specific challenges of transferring passenger data in the Middle East North Africa region
Download the program here (pdf).
Who will attend
This focused and strategic conference is expecting around 50 distinguished aviation and border security decision makers and influencers representing, amongst others, airlines, CAAs, government agencies, international and regional organizations, and IATA Facilitation Strategic Partners.
Thanks for your interest in this event. Unfortunately, registration is now closed.
IATA has arranged for a special rate at the Crowne Plaza Beirut. To benefit from this rate, please reserve your room online by 20 October 2016 through the following link:
Crowne Plaza Beirut.
Citizens of some countries may require a travel visa to enter Lebanon. Visas can be obtained upon arrival at Beirut-Rafic Hariri International Airport.
For those who require a visa letter, please send your request along with a copy of your passport to Ms. Fatin Awwad