Cabin Operations Safety Conference
This first ever Cabin Operations Safety Conference places cabin operations as an integral and vital part of the airline operational safety spectrum. IATA is pleased to welcome the active participation of ICAO for this inaugural event. The aim of the conference is the further promotion of cabin operations safety, in a globally coordinated and harmonized approach. IATA and ICAO are the two key global organizations that can make this happen.
May 20 - May 22, 2014
The Melia Castilla Hotel
Open to all
The conference blends workshops, panels, interactive case study analysis sessions and traditional plenary sessions to create the most effective environment.
The "Executive Inflight Forum” which will be chaired by Stephen Knowles, Managing Director Inflight-Service Air Canada, will provide an opportunity for senior delegates to discuss issues of strategic importance.
- Turbulence management
- Inadvertent slide deployment prevention
- Handling dangerous goods incidents and lithium battery fires in the passenger cabin
- Harmonization of child restraint device regulations
- Portable electronic device usage on board
- Safety Management System implementation
- Fatigue Risk Management System implementation
- Unruly passenger prevention and management
- Cabin crew training
View the Conference Roadmap (pdf)
View the Agenda (pdf)
The Conference features senior airline, government and industry representatives:
- Kevin Hiatt, IATA Senior Vice-President, Safety and Flight Operations Division
- Christopher A. Hart, NTSB, Honorable Vice Chairman
- Giancarlo Buono, Regional Director Safety and Flight Operations, Europe
- Suzanne Acton-Gervais, IATA, Manager Cabin Safety
- Anabel Carter, Emirates, Chair IATA Cabin Safety Task Force
- Dr. Claude Thibeault, IATA, Medical Advisor
- Dave Brennan, IATA, Assistant Director Cargo Safety and Standards
- Geoff Leach, Past Chair of the ICAO Dangerous Goods Panel (DGP)
- Ian Goodwin, AIRBUS, Head of Product Safety Enhancement
- Martin Maurino, ICAO, Safety, Efficiency and Operations Officer
And many more high profile speakers from regions spanning the globe!
Whom you will meet
This Conference will provide you with the opportunity to get directly involved with the cabin safety issues that matter to you. Connect with colleagues and senior representatives from airlines, governments, manufacturers and suppliers, all working together for the further promotion of cabin operational safety.
Your registration entitles you to attend the following workshops, with more detailed and focused information:
Unruly Passenger Restraint (pdf)
ICAO Cabin Crew Safety Training Manual (pdf)
Portable Electronic Devices (pdf)
Child Restraint Devices (pdf)
Please register for the conference and make your hotel booking.
For more information on attending this forum please contact firstname.lastname@example.org