Issue Review Meeting
The Issue Review Meeting (IRM) provides industry input to the IATA Safety Group (SG) through a review of significant industry accidents, incidents, and issues spanning the entire global sphere of commercial air transportation.
The meeting may recommend solutions to the SG regarding industry safety issues when appropriate.
February 28 - March 1, 2017
Qantas Airways Mascot Headquarters
Airline Safety Managers
Outline of the week's activities
- Monday: Alliance Safety Committee meetings (Airline Safety Committee members only, time to be arranged by Alliance Safety Committees)
- Tuesday: 0900-1700 Issue Review Meeting day 1 (open to airlines and strategic partners)
- Wednesday: 0900-1200 Issue Review Meeting day 2 (open to airlines and strategic partners)
- Wednesday: 1300-1700 Safety Group meeting (SG Members only, by separate invitation)
- Thursday: 0900-1700 Safety Group meeting (SG Members only, by separate invitation)
Present at the Issue Review Meeting
If you are interested in presenting an event at the Issue Review Meeting, please complete the presentation form; we will include it in the agenda.
The value of the Isssue Review Meeting is directly related to the number and quality of these presentations. Therefore, we strongly encourage you to volunteer for a presentation if your carrier has experienced an issue that might have serious impact on safety and/or avoided a significant event through timely action.
Issue Review Meetings are held under Chatham House Rule, where no identified information should leave the meeting.
Space is limited and is based on First-Come, First Served.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us
Several hotels (pdf) are located within walking distance from teh meeting venue.