Ops Conference 2014
Cooperation, coordination & harmonization
More than 250 delegates from the aviation community gathered for Ops Conference in Kuala Lumpur.
The incident highlighted the urgent need for the industry and governments to improve the tracking of aircraft and passenger data. IATA has convened an expert Task Force that includes ICAO participation to ensure smooth coordination.
- Program reflecting broad stakeholder involvement and multiple vantage points: airports, air navigation service providers (ANSP), manufacturers, technology suppliers, academics and other industry partners
- Presentations on runway safety improvements, use of data to identify emerging operational risks, matching infrastructure capacity with aircraft capability to improve fuel efficiency
- Workshops on Evidence Based Training, Ground Operations and Safety Management Systems
Key outcomes highlighted the urgent need for action in several areas:
- Collaboration and harmonization amongst all industry stakeholders
- Data to facilitate predictive vs reactive responses
- Immediate improvements to meet growth
- Harmonization of regulations
All of these outcomes, endorsed by the Operations Committee, set the stage for an action-driven Ops Conference in 2015.