Aviation Taxation Meeting 2016
Airline taxation experts from around the globe will meet to discuss aviation taxation and hear about tax policy and compliance, IATA’s tax advocacy efforts, the global industry economic outlook, regional developments, and more. This is a unique opportunity to contribute to IATA’s tax campaigns and to share the latest information on industry taxation.
- Close look at the state of the industry
- International tax developments
- An update from State tax authorities in the Americas and Asia, e.g. US IRS on the Transportation Tax and OECD BEPS implementation, India Central Board of Excise and Customs on the implementation of the national GST regime, others
- IATA’s ongoing work to reduce the burden of the industry’s most complex ticket taxes, fees and charges
- Breakout sessions to discuss important topics in smaller groups:
Tax on Ancillary Services
Effective Taxation Measures outside Article 8/Double Tax Treaty (e.g., India, Greece, Africa)
Characteristics of a High Performing Tax Department
- Interactive and informal panels on current tax issues - proliferation of VAT regimes around the world (e.g., India, GCC, Egypt, Malaysia) and the challenges faced to incorporate best practices for international air transport, new ticket taxes in Norway and other countries
- Presentation from the OECD on what’s next on the tax agenda following BEPS
- An update from ICAO on aviation taxation policies
- … and more
Attendance at the meeting is strictly limited to representatives of IATA member airlines and IATA Strategic Partnership Program companies involved in the taxation sector, and subject to prior online registration. Space is limited and will be based on a first-come, first served basis.
If you are not an IATA member airline or for any other enquiries, please contact us at email@example.com.
IATA has reserved a block of rooms at the Hilton Los Angeles Airport:
- Room only single/double occupancy USD 150.00
All room rates are subject to applicable taxes. Rates are valid three days pre and post of the meeting based on availability.
Stay at the same hotel as the venue! Book your room online.