Past World Cargo Symposiums
The World Cargo Symposium is the cargo industry event, attracting representatives from the entire supply chain and delegates from all around the world.
It is organized by IATA every year in March since 2007.
2014 - Transformation through Innovation
The 8th edition was held in Los Angeles, United States and hosted by American Airlines. The opening plenary of the prestigious event brought together over 1000 air cargo decision-makers and experts from across the entire air cargo supply chain.
Compromising a full day of plenary, two-day tracks, a closing plenary and the Cargo Executive Summit, the symposium - under the theme of "Transformation through Innovation" - addressed industry challenges such as:
- Predictability, the ability to embrace innovation and future investment to ensure sustainable growth
- Liberalization and trade facilitation to increase the competitiveness of air cargo
- And efficiency and quality to satisfy the end customer.
IATA defines a general theme for each World Cargo Symposium and is supported by its member airlines who host this major event:
- 2013 - Action for Sustainability: held in Doha and hosted by Qatar Airways and Qatar Airways Cargo
- 2012 - Partnership at Work: held in Kuala Lumpur and hosted by Malaysia Airlines and MASkargo
- 2011 - Connecting the World: held in Istanbul and hosted by Turkish Airline and Turkish Airline Cargo
- 2010 - Bounce Back: Rebuild the Future: held in Vancouver and hosted by Air Canada
- 2009 - Delivering in Turbulent Times: held in Bangkok and hosted by Thai Airways
- 2008 - Focus on the Customer: held in Roma
- 2007 - Focus on Simplicity: the 1st World Cargo Symposium was organized in Mexico