To ensure continued success, IATA strives to provide an energized and dynamic working environment. Our priorities include:
- Adapting our organizational structure to the current working environment
- Attracting and selecting the best talent
- Assessing and rewarding employees based on their contribution
Our organizational structure follows best practice with a limited number of layers and a broad span of control.
As part of our people focus, IATA seeks new employees who:
- Can adapt quickly to a changing environment
- Are team players
- Demonstrate results orientation
- Value excellence in customer service
We attract candidates via our job opportunities page. We provide global exposure for our employment openings, an important consideration as we strive for diversity and international orientation while setting uniformly high standrads of qualification.
A systematic performance assessment exercise is conducted annually with all IATA employees. Performance is measured on achievements against accountabilities as well as alignment of behavior with our core values. All employees are covered by a compensation strategy, established based on economic conditions and IATA's financial situation which links merit-based salary adjustments to ratings on the annual performance review.
In addition to the annual process. reward and recognition of extraordinary performance and outstanding results is an important responsibility of managers across IATA.