Press Release No.:
6 May 2010
News Brief: IATA and the Université de Genève Join Forces - First Executive MBA in Aviation Management in Switzerland
Geneva – The International Air Transport Association (IATA) and the Université de Genève (UNIGE) have signed a Memorandum of Understanding to develop and offer a joint executive MBA specialized in aviation management.
This MBA degree in aviation management will be offered in Switzerland to all aviation professionals as well as graduates with previous professional experience. Students will cover the key facets of aviation management in 12 modules which include operations, safety and security, the environmental challenges as well as air law.
IATA’s partnership with UNIGE will offer students unique flexibility with possibilities to complete:
- An Executive MBA specialized in Aviation Management
- An Aviation Management Diploma for completing all 12 course modules
- Attestation Certificates issued by IATA and UNIGE to recognize achievement in individual courses
“We are pleased to be working on a partnership with UNIGE to help develop the next generation of aviation leaders. Our aim is to provide a unique educational experience that combines the best of UNIGE’s excellent academic credentials with IATA experience in professional training. We are focusing on developing the leadership skills that our members and industry partners need to be successful in these turbulent times,” said Giovanni Bisignani, IATA’s Director General and CEO.
All courses will be offered at UNIGE facilities during the academic year. The first courses will be offered commencing September 2010. In the first year, IATA anticipates that a total of 120 industry professionals from the IATA Training and Development Institute (ITDI) will participate in the program, in addition to students enrolled in the UNIGE MBA program. The courses will be taught by a combination of internationally qualified ITDI instructors and UNIGE professors to provide a unique exposure to both academic excellence and professional insight.
Each year, the IATA Training and Development Institute provides training and learning to over 30,000 air transport professionals. These courses are delivered in the six ITDI centers worldwide and at the 170 associated training institutions around the world.
More information on this training program
Notes for Editors:
- IATA (International Air Transport Association) represents some 230 airlines comprising 93% of scheduled international air traffic.
- The IATA Training and Development Institute (ITDI) currently offers a continuously expanding portfolio of over 200 course and a wide range of diplomas in the fields of Airlines, Airports, Civil Aviation, Air Navigation Services, Cargo, Safety and Security, as well as Management and Training Skills for every level - from entry level to senior managers.
For more information, please contact:
Tel: + 41 22 770 2967