Press Release No.:
24 June 2011
News Brief: IATA Honors its 2011 Top-performing Global Authorized Training Centers
Worldwide and Regional Top 10 Training Partners
Montreal – The International Air Transport Association (IATA) Training and Development Institute announced its 2011 Premier Circle (Worldwide top 10) winners as well as its Regional Top 10 authorized training centers as part of IATA prestigious training partners recognition program. More than 215 IATA authorized training centers were evaluated on the number of students trained but more importantly, on the quality of training delivered determined by the examination pass rate. The excellence of these training centers significantly contributes to the development of the next generation of aviation, travel and tourism professionals.
This year’s elite Premier Circle winners includes:
- Japan Aircargo Forwarders Association (JAFA) - Japan
- IITC-India International Trade Centre - India
- Speedwings Academy for Aviation Services - India
- Kuoni Academy - India
- Akbar Academy of Airline Studies - India
- AFT-IFTIM Formation Continue TFTL - France
- Air Travel & Related Studies Centre - Kenya
- Aircargo Training Center of Japan - Japan
- Patriot Aviation College - India
- Trade Wings Institute of Management – India
The Top 10 Regional winners adhered to similar selection criteria of Premier Circle at their respective regions level and include training partners from Africa, the Americas, Asia-Pacific, Europe, the Middle East, and South Asia.
Prestigious awards for both, the 2011 Premier Circle (Worldwide top 10) and Regional Top 10 winners, were delivered during award ceremonies in the Asia Authorized Training Center (ATC) Regional Congress held in India in February and the Europe & Africa ATC Regional Congress conducted at IATA’s executive headquarters in Geneva in early May.
New best student performer category rewards outstanding individual results
The newly launched Best Student Performer Award Program recognized outstanding individual results in specific training courses. Those recognized enjoy preferred status within a new job placement program which will showcase talented individuals for career opportunities with IATA member airlines, accredited travel agencies, cargo agencies and other industry stakeholders.
IATA congratulates all winners for their success and thanks them for their contribution to developing the human capital for tomorrow’s air transport industry.
For more information, please contact:
Tel: + 41 22 770 2967
Notes for Editors:
- IATA (International Air Transport Association) represents some 230 airlines comprising 93% of scheduled international air traffic.
- IATA Training and Development Institute (ITDI) is committed to developing human capital for tomorrow’s air transport industry, offering a wide range of training programs spanning all aviation industry sectors in collaboration with training partners and prestigious academic institutions worldwide. For more information please visit www.iata.org/training
- View a complete list of IATA’s network of Worldwide Top 10 and Regional Top 10 authorized training centers: www.iata.org/training/Pages/atc-recognition-program.aspx
- You can follow us at http://twitter.com/iata2press for news specially catered for the media.