Press Release No.:
29 June 2012
IATA Honors the 2012 Top-Performing Global Training Partners
Montreal – The International Air Transport Association (IATA) Training and Development Institute (ITDI) announced its 2012 worldwide best performing training partners as part of its training partner recognition program.
Some 400 IATA training partners were evaluated on the number of students trained and on the quality of training delivered as determined by the student examination pass rate. The excellence of these training centers significantly contributes to the development of human capital in the air transport industry by reaching out to the next generation of aviation professionals worldwide.
In addition to the Premier Circle program launched in 2011 that recognizes excellence among IATA’s authorized training centers, ITDI expanded its recognition programs in 2012 by honoring its strongest partners in dangerous goods training, as well as its top regional partner – the recipient in this category being Air Traffic & Navigation Services (ATNS), South Africa.
|2012 Premier Circle (Worldwide Top 10) Authorized Training Centers
||2012 Worldwide Top 10 Dangerous Goods Accredited Training Schools |
|Japan Aircargo Forwarders Association (JAFA), Japan
|IITC-India International Trade Centre, India
||Aero Training Center - CAMAS Formation, France |
|Speedwings Academy for Aviation Services, India
||Airport College, France |
|Kuoni Academy, India
||IFMA - Institut de Formation aux Métiers de l'Aérien, France |
|Akbar Academy of Airline Studies, India
||The Japan Air Cargo Institute for Safety (JACIS), Japan |
|AFT-IFTIM Formation Continue TFTL, France
||Air Consult S.A.R.L., France |
|Air Travel & Related Studies Centre, Kenya
||Flightcare Belgium N.V., Belgium|
|Air Cargo Training Center of Japan, Japan
||Bureau de Vérifications Techniques, France|
|Qatar Aeronautical College, Qatar
||ALYZIA Training, France|
|Trade Wings Institute of Management, India
||Cargo School srl, Italy|
The awards were presented by Dr. Guido Gianasso, Vice President, Human Capital, and Ismail Albaidhani, Head of Global Partnerships & Learning Innovation, at ceremonies held during IATA Training Partner Congresses.
“IATA congratulates all the winners on their achievements and we thank them for their contribution in developing the leadership skills that our members and industry partners require to successfully address the challenges facing the air transport industry,” said Gianasso.
ITDI also continued to award the top performing students in 2012 through its Best Student Performer Award Program which was launched in 2011 and recognizes outstanding individual results of the next generation of aviation professionals. These students will enjoy preferred status within a new job placement program that will showcase talented individuals for career opportunities with IATA member airlines, accredited travel agencies, cargo agencies and other industry stakeholders.
For more information, please contact:
Tel: +41 22 770 2967
Notes for Editors:
- IATA (International Air Transport Association) represents some 240 airlines comprising 84% of global air traffic.
- IATA Training and Development Institute (ITDI) is committed to developing human capital for tomorrow’s air transport industry, offering a wide range of training programs spanning all aviation industry sectors in collaboration with training partners and prestigious academic institutions worldwide. More information on www.iata.org/training.
- IATA Authorized Training Centers are independent training facilities that are authorized to teach IATA training programs.
- IATA Accredited Training Schools are independent organizations authorized by IATA to deliver training programs in the field of Dangerous Goods Regulations.
- Regional Training Partners are independent organizations working with IATA to host its training programs.
- In addition to the top 10 best performing partners worldwide, IATA Training & Development Institute (ITDI) also recognized its strongest partners on a regional level. (view the best regional performers here: Africa, the Americas, Asia-Pacific, Europe, the Middle East, and South Asia).
- The awards were delivered at the following ceremonies:
- IATA Training Partners Congress – Asia (15-16 March, Singapore)
- IATA Training Partner Congress - Europe & Africa in collaboration with Turkish Airlines Aviation Academy, an IATA member airline and training partner (15-16 May, Istanbul, Turkey)
- More information on how to become an IATA Training Partner
- You can follow us at http://twitter.com/iata2press for news specially catered for the media.