Press Release No.:
19 March 2013
News Brief: IATA Honors the 2013 Top-Performing Global Training Partners
Montreal – The International Air Transport Association (IATA) announced its 2013 worldwide best performing training partners as part of its training partner recognition programs.
The IATA Training and Development Institute (ITDI) training partner recognition program recognizes excellence among IATA’s Authorized Training Centers (ATCs). The program also awards IATA’s strongest partners in dangerous goods (DG) training -- the IATA DG Accredited Training Schools (ATS) -- as well as its top regional partners (RTPs) – the recipients in this category for this year are Air Traffic & Navigation Services (ATNS) from South Africa and Turkish Airlines Aviation Academy from Turkey.
Some 440 IATA training partners were evaluated on the number of students trained and on the quality of training delivered as determined by the student examination pass rate. The excellence of these training centers significantly contributes to the people development of the air transport industry by opening up opportunities for the next generation of aviation professionals worldwide.
| 2013 Premier Circle (Worldwide Top 10) Authorized Training Centers
|| 2013 Worldwide Top Performing Dangerous Goods Accredited Training Schools |
- Japan Aircargo Forwarders Association (JAFA), Japan
- Akbar Academy of Airline Studies, India
- IITC-India International Trade Centre, India
- Speedwings Academy for Aviation Services , India
- Qatar Aeronautical College, Qatar
- Air Travel & Related Studies Centre, Kenya
- Etihad Airways Aviation Academy, UAE
- Trade Wings Institute of Management, India
- International Aviation Academy of Sri Lankan Airlines, Sri Lanka
- Aircargo Training Center of Japan, Japan
- DGM, Worldwide Network
- Aero Training Center - CAMAS Formation, France
- Airport College, France
- IFMA - Institut de Formation aux Métiers de l'Aérien, France
- The Japan Air Cargo Institute for Safety (JACIS), Japan
The awards were presented by Ismail Albaidhani, Head of Global Partnerships & Learning Innovation, at ceremonies during the 2013 Global Training Partner Congress held in Abu Dhabi and the IATA DG ATS Conference in Doha during the proceedings of the 7th World Cargo Symposium.
“IATA has trained last year some 92,000 existing professionals and young students from all over the world. This result is due to the major contribution of its network of 440 training partners located in more than 90 countries. IATA extends its appreciation for their tireless efforts and contribution in driving learning and development initiatives. These are critical to building the required leadership and competencies that are essential to support a sustainable, safe and effective air transport industry. Congratulations to all the awarded partners, “said Albaidhani.
IATA also continued to award the top performing students in 2013 through its Best Student Performer Award Program which recognizes outstanding individual results. These students will enjoy preferred status within the job placement program that will showcase talented individuals for career opportunities with IATA member airlines, accredited travel agencies, cargo agencies and other industry stakeholders.
For more information, please contact:
Tel: +41 22 770 2967
Notes for Editors:
- IATA (International Air Transport Association) represents some 240 airlines comprising 84% of global air traffic.
- You can follow us at http://twitter.com/iata2press for news specially catered for the media.
- IATA is committed to developing the people of tomorrow’s air transport industry, offering a wide range of training programs spanning all aviation industry sectors in collaboration with training partners and prestigious academic institutions worldwide. For more information please visit www.iata.org/training.
- IATA Authorized Training Centers are independent organizations that are authorized to teach IATA training programs.
- IATA Accredited Training Schools are independent organizations authorized by IATA to deliver training programs in the field of Dangerous Goods Regulations.
- Regional Training Partners are independent organizations working with IATA to host its training programs.
- In addition to the top performing partners worldwide, IATA Training & Development Institute (ITDI) also recognized its strongest partners on a regional level. (view the best regional performers here: Africa, the Americas, Asia-Pacific, Europe, the Middle East, and South Asia).
- These awards were delivered at these ceremonies:
To become an IATA Training Partner visit our dedicated page at www.iata.org/training-partners for more information.
- IATA Global Training Partners Congress organized in collaboration with Etihad Airways Aviation Academy, an IATA member airline and training partner (19-20 March, UAE)
- IATA DG Accredited Training Schools (ATS) Conference (11 March, Doha, Qatar)