Press Release No.:
Date: 28 May 2014
News Brief: IATA Honors the 2014 Top-Performing Global Training Partners
Montreal – The International Air Transport Association (IATA) announced its 2014 worldwide best performing training partners as part of its training partner recognition program.
The IATA Training and Development Institute (ITDI) training partner recognition program celebrates top performance among IATA’s Authorized Training Centers (ATCs). The program also awards IATA’s strongest partners in dangerous goods (DG) training—the IATA DG Accredited Training Schools (ATS)—as well as its top regional training partners (RTPs).The recipient in this category is Air Traffic & Navigation Services (ATNS) from South Africa, for the third consecutive year.
Some 450 IATA training partners were evaluated for this year’s program based on the number of students trained and on the quality of training delivered as determined by the student examination pass rate. The excellence of these training centers significantly contributes to the development of the human resource needs for the air transport industry by opening up opportunities for the next generation of aviation professionals worldwide.
2014 Premier Circle (Worldwide Top 10) Authorized Training Centers
|2014 Worldwide Top Performing Dangerous Goods Accredited Training Schools|
|Akbar Academy of Airline Studies, India
||DGM, Worldwide Network|
|Patriot Aviation College, India
||Aero Training Center - CAMAS Formation, France|
|IITC-India International Trade Centre, India
||Airport College, France|
|Speedwings Academy for Aviation Services , India
||IFMA - Institut de Formation aux Métiers de l'Aérien, France|
|Japan Aircargo Forwarders Association (JAFA), Japan
||The Japan Air Cargo Institute for Safety (JACIS), Japan|
|Aircargo Training Center of Japan, Japan
|Air Travel & Related Studies Centre, Kenya
|Etihad Airways Aviation Academy, UAE
|FedEx (Federal Express Corporation), USA
|Qatar Aeronautical College, Qatar
The awards were presented by Victor de Barrena Sarobe, Director of ITDI, and Ismail Albaidhani, Head of Global Partnerships & Learning Innovation, at ceremonies during the 2014 Global Training Partner Congress held in Montreal on Tuesday 27 May, as well as at the IATA DG ATS Conference in Los Angeles during the 8th World Cargo Symposium earlier this year.
IATA also continued to award the top performing students in 2014 through its Best Student Performer Award Program, which recognizes outstanding individual results. These students will enjoy preferred status within the job placement program that will showcase talented individuals for career opportunities either with IATA member airlines, accredited travel agencies, cargo agencies or other industry stakeholders.
For more information, please contact:
Tel: +41 22 770 2967
Notes for Editors:
- IATA (International Air Transport Association) represents some 240 airlines comprising 84% of global air traffic.
- You can follow us at http://twitter.com/iata2press for news specially catered for the media.
- IATA offers a wide range of training programs spanning all aviation industry sectors in collaboration with training partners and prestigious academic institutions worldwide. For more information please visit www.iata.org/training.
- IATA Authorized Training Centers are independent organizations that are authorized to teach IATA training programs.
- IATA Accredited Training Schools are independent organizations authorized by IATA to deliver training programs in the field of Dangerous Goods Regulations.
- Regional Training Partners are independent organizations working with IATA to host its training programs.
- In addition to the top performing partners worldwide, IATA Training & Development Institute (ITDI) also recognized its strongest partners on a regional level. (view the best regional performers here: Africa, the Americas, Asia-Pacific, Europe, the Middle East, and South Asia).
- These awards were delivered at these ceremonies:
- IATA Global Training Partners Congress held at IATA’s home base in Montreal, Canada (27-28 May)
- IATA DG Accredited Training Schools (ATS) Conference (10 March, Los Angeles, USA)
To become an IATA Training Partner visit our dedicated page at www.iata.org/training-partners for more information.