Cargo Interchange Message Procedures (Cargo-IMP)
To support a paper-free environment, the Cargo Interchange Message Procedures (Cargo-IMP) has been converted to an easy-to-use electronic format on a USB key. This interactive application provides faster, easier access to necessary data and each section can be customized to meet your specific needs.
Uniformity, accuracy and economy of cargo data exchange
Cargo data exchange automation between airlines and other parties works much more efficiently if messaging procedures and standards are applied. IATA's CIMP is the standard for exchanging critical cargo operations information.
Jointly developed by IATA, its member airlines and Airlines for America (A4A), Cargo-IMP is the official message source for specifications concerning space allocation, air waybill, flight manifest, accounting, status, discrepancy, embargo, customs, CASS billing, dangerous goods, allotments and surface transportation. The Cargo-IMP also includes encoding and decoding lists of all approved codes and abbreviations.
The Cargo-IMP contains the up-to-date and historical editions of the Cargo-IMP manual, including carrier messaging capability links and data elements query.
Maximize the benefits of your cargo operations through increased messaging automation by ensuring your cargo interchange message procedures are compliant with international and local regulations and practices:
- Message Specifications including embedded data elements, abbreviation codes, and enhanced search function printing capabilities
- Interactive tables including a data element directory, abbreviation codes and a list of user capabilities
- Access to a comprehensive source of information about cargo interchange messages and related procedures
Also available is the IATA Cargo-XML Manual & Toolkit, the next generation of air cargo messaging.
The system requirements for Cargo-IMP are:
- Windows XP with service pack 2, Windows Vista, Windows 7
- Intel Pentium or compatible processor
- 800x600, 16-bit colour display
- 400 MB available hard disk space
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0 or higher
- Administrator permissions during software installation
- Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 (included with CIMP installer)
- SQL Server Express 2005 (included with CIMP installer)
||Discounts are available for IATA member airlines as well as other organizations affiliated with IATA.