Cargo-XML Messaging Manual & Toolkit
Bring your air cargo e-communications into the 21st century
The Cargo Committee, Cargo Services and Agency Conferences have endorsed XML as the new standard for air cargo industry electronic messaging, as an alternative to Cargo-IMP Messages.
IATA’s Cargo-XML Manual and Toolkit provides standards for the electronic exchange of information for the air cargo industry. This toolkit is used by technical experts developing open and flexible XML applications for automating electronic transactions or messages. The purpose: to ensure uniformity, mutual understanding, accuracy and economy in electronic data exchanges.
Cargo-XML Messages are used for electronic communication between airlines and other air cargo supply chain stakeholders, such as shippers, freight forwarders, ground-handling agents, regulators as well as customs and security agencies.
New technology brings new benefits
- Cargo-XML Messages modernizes the old Cargo-IMP Messages by leveraging new technology for maximum benefit:
- Reduces the cost of development, transmission, maintenance and support.
- Facilitates implementation of e-AWB, e-Freight and Advance Electronic Information (AEI).
- Enables greater participation of SMEs in e-commerce throughout the logistics chain.
- Provides business rules to improve efficiency and compliance with regulations, such as AEI.
- Improves data quality and provides a quicker response to changing requirements.
- Facilitates direct exchange of data by providing easy implementation between partners.
- Promotes use of a common, universally accepted standard in the supply chain.
- Compatible with the standards of other industry bodies, such as the World Customs Organization (WCO).
The IATA Cargo-XML toolkit includes everything you need to get going:
- An interactive client application with auto update functionality within a given edition
- Cargo-XML Messages specifications and schema for 14 messages
- Business rules
- Mapping with CIMP
- User capabilities
- Supporting documents
- The IATA Cargo-IMP manual 31st Edition
- A support section and access to IATA experts
To order your Cargo-XML Manual &Toolkit:
Regular price: US $999
IATA member airline price: US $649
Aditional adoption and volume discounts available where applicable. contact firstname.lastname@example.org to order.
If you are an IT solutions provider or offer message brokering services please contact email@example.com for licensing terms and pricing.