Air cargo messaging for the 21st century and beyond
Aviation bodies such as the Cargo Committee, Cargo Services and Cargo Agency Conferences have endorsed Cargo- XML messages as the new standard for air cargo industry electronic messaging, as an alternative to Cargo-IMP. Cargo-XML messages are used for electronic communication between airlines and other air cargo supply chain stakeholders, such as shippers, freight forwarders, ground-handling agents, and regulators, as well as customs and security agencies.
IATA’s Cargo-XML Toolkit delivers the Cargo-XML standard to the air cargo industry. This toolkit is used by technical experts developing open and flexible XML applications for automating electronic transactions or messages. The purpose is to ensure uniformity, mutual understanding, accuracy and economy in electronic data exchanges.
New standards brings new benefits
The Cargo-XML standard modernizes the old Cargo-IMP messages by leveraging new technology for maximum benefit:
- Reduces the cost of development, transmission, maintenance and support
- Facilitates implementation of e-AWB, e-Freight and Advance Cargo Information (ACI)
- Enables greater participation of SME in e-commerce throughout the logistics chain
- Provides business rules to improve efficiency and compliance with regulations, such as ACI
- Improves data quality and allows for a quicker response to frequently changing requirements
- Facilitates direct exchange of data by providing easy implementation between partners
- Promotes use of a common, universally accepted standard within the supply chain
- Compatible with the standards of other industry bodies, such as the World Customs Organization (WCO)
What's new in the 2015 edition?
The 2015 (3rd edition) IATA Cargo-XML Toolkit includes everything you need to get going:
- An interactive client application with auto-update functionality
- Cargo-XML message specifications and schema for 15 messages
- Business rules
- Mapping with Cargo-IMP and with WCO Data Model and UNTDED Data Elements
- Conversion guidelines between Cargo-IMP and Cargo-XML
- Data length recommendation for Cargo-XML messages.
- Message layout and examples(including sample messages)
- Code lists
- Message history and version management tools
- User capabilities and industry scorecard
- Downloadable schemas and other supporting documents
- The IATA Cargo-IMP Manual (33rd edition)
- A support section and access to IATA experts
- Migration Guidelines from Cargo-IMP to Cargo-XML
- Data Length Recommendation for XML Air Waybill Message
- Enhanced OCI Table for e-CSD
For more information & to order your Toolkit
Regular price: US $999
Aditional adoption and volume discounts available where applicable. Contact email@example.com for complete pricing details.
If you are an IT solutions provider or offer message brokering services, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for licensing terms and pricing.