Bringing air cargo messaging to the 21st century
Aviation bodies such as the Cargo Committee, Cargo Services and Cargo Agency Conferences have endorsed XML as the new standard for air cargo industry electronic messaging, as an alternative to Cargo-IMP Messages.
IATA’s Cargo-XML Toolkit provides the new standard for the electronic exchange of information for the air cargo industry. This toolkit is used by technical experts developing open and flexible XML applications for automating electronic transactions or messages. The purpose is to ensure uniformity, mutual understanding, accuracy and economy in electronic data exchanges.
Cargo-XML messages are used for electronic communication between airlines and other air cargo supply chain stakeholders, such as shippers, freight forwarders, ground-handling agents, regulators as well as customs and security agencies.
New technology brings new benefits
Cargo-XML messages modernizes the old Cargo-IMP messages by leveraging new technology for maximum benefit:
- Reduces the cost of development, transmission, maintenance and support.
- Facilitates implementation of e-AWB, e-Freight and Advance Electronic Information (AEI).
- Enables greater participation of SME in e-commerce throughout the logistics chain.
- Provides business rules to improve efficiency and compliance with regulations, such as AEI.
- Improves data quality and allows for a quicker respons to frequently changing requirements.
- Facilitates direct exchange of data by providing easy implementation between partners.
- Promotes use of a common, universally accepted standard in the supply chain.
- Compatible with the standards of other industry bodies, such as the World Customs Organization (WCO).
The IATA Cargo-XML Toolkit 2nd edition includes everything you need to get going:
- An interactive client application with auto-update functionality within a given edition
- Cargo-XML message specifications and schema for 15 messages
- Business rules
- Mapping with Cargo-IMP
- Message layout and examples
- Relevant code lists
- Message history and version management tools
- User capabilities and industry scorecard
- Downloadable schemas nd other supporting documents
- The IATA Cargo-IMP Manual (33rd edition)
- A support section and access to IATA experts
For more information & to order your toolkit
Regular price: US $999
IATA member airline price: US $649
Aditional adoption and volume discounts available where applicable. Contact email@example.com for complete pricing details.
If you are an IT solutions provider or offer message brokering services, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for licensing terms and pricing.
System requirements for the Cargo-XML toolkit
This product is a single user application and each copy of the Cargo-XML Toolkit comes with one product key which can only be activated on one computer.
- Windows XP sp2, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8
- Intel Pentium or compatible processor
- 16 bit colour display, 800 x 600 resolution (1024 x 768 or higher recommended)
- CD-ROM drive (if product was delivered on CD)
- 150 MB or more available hard disk space
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0 or higher
- Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 (Installer is included in the product software setup package)
- Microsoft Access 2007 Database Engine (Installer is included in the product software setup package)
- Administrator permissions for installation of this application's pre-requisite (.NET 2.0 and Access 2007 engine)
- Internet connection (for activation and automatic updates)