Aviation Info. Data Exchange (AIDX)
Aviation Information Data Exchange (AIDX) is the global XML messaging standard for exchanging flight data between airlines, airports, and any third party consuming the data. AIDX is endorsed as a standard by:
- IATA Recommended Practice 1797A
- ACI Recommended Practice 501A07
- ATA Recommended Practice 30.201A
The current release of AIDX is also the standard for SESAR A-CDM (Airport Collaborative Decision Making) information exchange, as well as the ACI ACRIS A-CDM Web Services.
AIDX is continuously developed to ensure it stays fit for purpose and it meets the evolving needs of the industry. Future activities include:
- Incorporating change request to meet changing and new business requirements.
- Migrating AIDX into the
IATA Industry Data Model by modeling all AIDX data elements and attributes into the model.
- Cross-domain alignment and harmonization with other information exchange data models (e.g.
Download AIDX schema and documentation
The Working Group
The AIDX standard is continuously maintained by the AIDX Industry Working Group. The IATA Secretary can be contacted at