The Global Standard for the Transportation of Live Animals by Air
The IATA Live Animals Regulations (LAR) is the global standard and the essential guide to transporting animals by air in a safe, humane and in a cost-effective manner. Whether you are a shipper, a freight forwarder, an airline, or an animal care professional, the LAR is a must for transporting animals humanely and in compliance with airline regulations and animal welfare standards.
The LAR comprises of a comprehensive classification of 1000’s of animal species along with the container specifications required for their transport.
The LAR also includes the most up-to-date airline and government specific requirements pertaining to the transport of live animals along with information on handling, marking & labeling along with necessary documentation when transporting animals by air.
- Access to the most current and efficient practices for your live animal cargo operations
- Time and cost savings by guaranteeing your shipments are problem-free and avoid delays
- Compliance of your animal transportation procedures with international or local regulations
What's New in 2012?
- Introduction of two new sections related to standards for phytosanitary measures and pet container construction
- Complete review and updated container requirements for penguins and cetaceans
- Review and updates to container requirements for tortoises/turtles, seahorses, polar bears, and other species
- Updates to specific airline variations and contact information
More information on IATA’s involvement in the transport of live animals by air.