Temperature Control Regulations (TCR)
The Global Standard for the Safe Transportation of Healthcare Products by Air
As a result of the pharmaceutical industries request for a standalone healthcare regulation the IATA Temperature Control Regulations (TCR) replicates the chapter in the dealing with the packaging, labelling, handling of pharmaceutical products and mainly the chapter on healthcare logistics (PCR Chapter 17).
The TCR is a comprehensive guide designed to enable stakeholders involved in the transport and handling of pharmaceutical product to safely meet the requirements.
This new product only includes sections which are relevant to the transport of temperature sensitive healthcare products. Forconsistency, the numbering sequence of the TCR follows that of the PCR.
The TCR provides you access to the most current and efficient practices for your perishable cargo operations and an integral tool to achieve cost savings and avoiding delays by guaranteeing your shipments are problem-free and compliant with international or local regulations. The TCR includes:
- Up-to-date airline and government requirements pertaining to the transport of healthcare and pharmaceutical products
- Requirements on handling, marking & labeling
- Necessary packaging requirements
- Information on handling procedures
- The necessary documentation needed when transporting healthcare products
Who needs the TCR?
The TCR is a necessity for everyone involved in the transport of pharmaceutical goods by air and is specifically geared towards:
- Pharmaceutical companies
- Ground Handlers
- Freight Forwarders
Features of the TCR
The eTCR, is available in electronic format only and has multiple features to find what you're looking for quickly and efficiently.
- Tabs – Open the manual in a new tab to create customized versions with favorites, mark ups such as annotations and highlights or simply to open in a dedicated section
- Favorites – Bookmark frequently referenced passages and sections for quick and easy access
- Annotations – Mark up the manual with your own comments to customize the LBSG to your unique processes
- Navigation – With many links to chapters within the document you can reference related content with just the click of a button
The eTCR is available both in CD-ROM and web downlnoad format. For web downloads, product Product delivery will be by email and will take 3 business days. The email will arrive from CPSalesNotification@iata.org
. Remember to check your junk/spam folder, or ensure iata.org is added to your company’s allowed senders list. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
This IATA application may be installed on Microsoft Windows desktop OS computers. It is not supported for install on Mac computers nor Windows Server OS computers. See the complete system requirements
If you are a large airline, freight forwarder or shipper and are interested in a floating license version of the eTCR for your organization, please visit our floating license page for more information including availability, pricing and requirements.
eProducts Activation Quick Reference Guide (pdf)
Cargo Support Service:
Tel: Call: +1 (514) 390 6770">