Timatic AutoCheck - Automating the Passenger Travel Document Checks
Timatic AutoCheck enables airlines and ground handlers to automate the passenger travel document compliance process so that 100% of international passengers can have their document checked automatically.
How does automated travel document compliance work?
This check is performed when the passenger checks-in for their international flight at a kiosk, bag-drop or even on-line. The passenger scans their travel document (or enters the data), the document data is combined with the itinerary data and submitted to Timatic AutoCheck. In the vast majority of cases an “OK” is instantaneously returned and the check-in process is allowed to proceed seamlessly.
Where the document is not sufficient or there is a issue, a simple instruction is returned such as ‘Visa Required’ or ‘Passport needs to be valid for 6 months upon arrival’. The airline can decide how to direct the passenger based on their operating procedures.
Process simplification benefits
- Reduced operational and staff requirements
- Reduced staff training costs
- Increased penetration of self-service check-in
- Reduced fines and repatriation costs
- Reduced passenger compensation for incorrect refusal to board
- Enhanced customer experience
Huge savings for airlines
Automating the travel document compliance process can save airlines up to US$ 0.50 per passenger boarded comprised of:
- Reduction in manually screening processes - $0.21
- Reduction of passenger of fines and managing these passengers - $0.10
- Increased costs savings due to increased penetration of self-service check-in - $0.24
For more information, please contact email@example.com
Documentation Control and Passenger Assessment. Get practical knowledge and tools about Travel Documents required prior boarding, recognize potentially disruptive passengers, prevent delays and avoid penalties due to inadmissible passengers