Checkpoint of the Future
A full-scale model of IATA’s Checkpoint of the Future was displayed at the AGM in Singapore.
- The Checkpoint aims to improve security screening and introduce faster processing, while reducing costs.
- It replaces the “one size fits all” approach with tailored processes, making more efficient use of passenger data.
- Biometric readers at the entrance of the Checkpoint will check the travel document and identity of passengers.
- Based on pre-screening by the security authorities, passengers will be directed through one of three lanes:
- Known traveler
- Normal security
- Enhanced security
- Passengers will be processed with their cabin luggage, without having to remove clothing or unpack.
More on the CheckPoint of the Future