Direct Data Service
The Board of Governors formally approved the launch of Direct Data Service (DDS).
- DDS will provide a high quality data solution which allows airlines to maintain control over their passenger data on a shared basis.
- This powerful commercial intelligence service will be managed by IATA jointly with the Airline Reporting Corporation (ARC).
- Some 72 of the 80 target airlines have given their support in principle to the project.
- Of those supporters, 40 have now signed commitments to provide their sales data.
- The DDS Advisory Group, chaired by Delta Airlines and comprising 10 member airlines, has been helping IATA and ARC to design the product.
- After the initial launch, DDS will be open to all others to participate according to the industry rules supported by the Advisory Group.
- The Board also approved IATA’s intention to defend DDS against legal challenges.
- For more information on participating in DDS, please contact your IATA Country Manager or e-mail DirectData@iata.org.