Simplifying the Business of the Future
The next generation of StB projects was presented at the World Passenger Symposium in Abu Dhabi, providing the framework to guide the industry towards more efficiency and a new customer experience in a transformed environment that embraces innovation. The future of StB is built on 5 objectives agreed at WPS in 2011.
NDC and the Checkpoint of the Future will be important enablers to achieve the following goals:
1. Airline products: customers to benefit from personalized and dynamically packaged travel offers.
2. Passenger data: enabling passengers to clear border control and security verification in advance of arriving at the airport through integrating passenger data between airlines and governments.
3. Real-time interaction: improve the passenger experience with real-time interaction through availability of accurate mobile contact information and Wi-Fi access.
4. Hassle free airport experience: Fast Travel and Checkpoint of the Future will create a comfortable airport experience from curb-to-airside.
5. Seamless end-to-end journey: facilitate information exchange with partners throughout the journey, such as ground transport, hotels, tour companies, cruise ship operators, etc.