Operations Committee 24
The 24th meeting of the Operations Committee (OPC) took place in Delhi, India 1-2 November. It was the first ever OPC meeting in India and IATA and the OPC members took the opportunity to meet with various government officials and focus on topics and initiatives in India.
The OPC discussed the status and direction for IATA initiatives including:
- Safety - the Global Safety Information Exchange (GSIE) and Global Safety Information Center (GSIC
- Auditing - IATA Operational Safety Audit (IOSA), IATA Safety Audit for Ground Operations (ISAGO) and the IATA Ground Operations Manual (IGOM)
- Security – harmonization, regulations and Checkpoint of the Future
- Operations – IATA Training and Qualification Initiative (ITQI), volcanic ash, the Air Operator Certificate (AOC) registry and the European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) regulations including Third Country Operators (TCO)
- Infrastructure – The International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) Aviation System Block Upgrades, airports and the new flight plan
- Regional issues – Asian Seamless skies, Required Navigation Performance (RNP) in Africa, SESAR in Europe, NextGen in North America and a particular focus on India – especially safety and infrastructure
More information on these initiatives will be addressed in the upcoming issues. Also, please stay tuned for more info on the Ops Conference 2012 to be held in Rio de Janeiro, 16-18 April.