Ops Conference 2011
The IATA Ops Conference held in Dubai on 22-23 February was attended by over 250 aviation professionals from around the world.
It was a successful two days hosted by Emirates and was composed of various panels:
- Safety – Global Safety Information Exchange (GSIE), Integrating Airline and ATM Safety Metrics and Fatigue Risk Management Systems (FRMS)
- Security – Checkpoint of the Future and Cargo Security
- Operations – Auditing Circle of Excellence, Technical Fuel, Alternative Fuel, Training and Regulatory Harmonization
- Infrastructure – 2012 Flight Plan and IATA Ground Operation Manual (IGOM)
- Regions – Performance Based Navigation and Middle East and North Africa Region
All panelists did a great job and we’d like to thank them all.
The IATA Operational Safety Audit (IOSA) is now ISO:CEN certified and one of the highlights from the conference was the European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) Executive Director Patrick Goudou’s acknowledgement of this certification – another step towards EASA recognition of IOSA as an acceptable means of compliance.