Live Animals Regulations (LAR)
The Global Standard for the Transportation of Live Animals by Air
The IATA Live Animals Regulations (LAR) is the global standard and the essential guide to transporting animals by air in a safe, humane and in a cost-effective manner. Whether you are a shipper, a freight forwarder, an airline, or an animal care professional, the LAR is a must for transporting animals humanely and in compliance with airline regulations and animal welfare standards.
The LAR provides you access to the most current and efficient practices for your live animal cargo operations and an integral tool to achieve cost savings and avoid delays by guaranteeing your shipments are problem-free and compliant with international or local regulations. The LAR includes:
- Up-to-date airline and government requirements pertaining to the transport of live animals
- Requirements on handling, marking & labeling
- Information on the necessary documentation needed when transporting live animals
- A comprehensive classification of 1000’s of animal species along with the container specifications required for their transport.
- Guidelines for the non-air transport of live animals and plants
Who needs the LAR?
The LAR is a necessity for everyone involved in the transport of live animals regardless of the mode of transport. The LAR is specifically geared towards:
- Commercial shippers
- Pet shippers
- Animal care professionals
- Ground handlers
- Freight Forwarders
Features of the eLAR
The eLAR is a software application version of the LAR whcih combines the full content of the LAR along with many features not available with the printed manual to help you find what you're looking for quickly and efficiently.
- Ease-of-use – enhanced navigation, and sorting capabilities
- Global search – global keyword search to quickly find what you're looking for
- Tabs – open the manual in a new tab to create customized versions with favorites, mark ups such as annotations and highlights or simply to open in a dedicated section
- Favorites – bookmark frequently referenced passages and sections for quick and easy access
- Supporting documents section – access to downloadable fillable forms, checklists and special inserts.
- Interactive Section 6.2 - filter, sort, and customize section 6.2 (the list of species) to your liking
- Annual changes – identify everything that's changed in a section outlining all the regulatory changes incorporated in the given edition
Please note that a single LAR language edition can be installed and run on a computer. If you require to view the LAR in more than one language please purchase the multilingual license (CD-ROM or web download) which unlocks all the languages (English, French, and Spanish).
Product Delivery for Web Download Versions
The eLAR is available both in CD-ROM and web download format. For web downloads, product delivery will be by email and will take 3 business days. The email will arrive from CPSalesNotification@iata.org
. Remember to check your junk/spam folder, or ensure iata.org is added to your company’s allowed senders list. Contact email@example.com
This IATA application may be installed on Microsoft Windows desktop OS computers. It is not supported for install on Mac computers nor Windows Server OS computers. See the complete system requirements
This version of the eLAR installs the application in one language only. Only one language can be installed per computer. To install all languages available (English, French, Spanish) on the same computer, purchase the multi-language eLAR, available as a download and on CD-ROM.
Cette version électronique de la Réglementation du transport des animaux vivants installe l’application dans une seule langue. On ne peut installer qu’une langue par ordinateur. Pour installer toutes les langues disponibles (anglais, espagnol, français) sur un même ordinateur, il faut acheter la version électronique multilingue de la Réglementation du transport des animaux vivants, à télécharger ou sur CD-ROM.
Esta versión electrónica de la Reglamentación para el transporte de animales vivos permite instalar la aplicación sólo en un idioma. Solamente puede instalarse un idioma por computadora. Si desea instalar todos los idiomas posibles (inglés, francés y español) en la misma computadora, adquiera la versión multilingüe de e-LAR, que puede descargar o consultar en formato CD-ROM.
If you are a large airline, freight forwarder or shipper and are interested in a floating license version of the eLAR for your organization, please visit our floating license page for more information including availability, pricing and requirements.