Global Passenger Survey
2018 Survey is now open!
Share your travel preferences in the 2018 Global Passenger Survey and have a chance to win attractive prizes.
Start the survey here
In the effort to provide a seamless and personalized passenger journey to air travelers, the travel industry must continuously adapt to market changes and new technology. In this context, IATA has carried out the Global Passenger Survey (GPS) since 2012, which has been designed to provide objective and in-depth insights into the preferences and behaviors of air travelers all around the world.
In 2017, 10,675 respondents across 153 countries contributed to the GPS by taking part in the online survey. They were invited to participate via social media, online advertisements, email campaigns and word of mouth. The present report lays out the key findings of this expansive study.
Call for sponsors of GPS 2018
Find out what privileges we offer to our sponsors:
- Display of company logo on all collaterals connected with data collection activities
- Display of company logo on marketing collaterals supporting promotion of 2018 results
- Ad insertion in the GPS 2018 publication
Discover the latest findings on behaviors and preferences of passengers linked to their travel journey and experiences; from preparing their luggage for the journey, moving through the airport or using Wi-Fi on board. Learn how IATA works with the industry to address the changing needs of travelers through various initiatives including: Baggage, Fast Travel, One ID, Personalization and Smart Security.
Global Passenger Survey 2017 - Report
- Global findings from the survey conducted in May – August 2017
- Feedback received from almost 10,700 passengers
- Interesting facts & figures depending on the passenger's profile
- 80+ data visualizations
- New in 2017! Regional highlights
- New in 2017! Overview of results with reference to IATA initiatives
- New in 2017! Extended satisfaction module
Global Passenger Survey 2017 - Combo
New in 2017! With the newly implemented Data Viewer, you can access detailed data faster than before. Explore what specific groups of passengers shared with us this year. Get insights on passengers depending on their travel patterns and socio-demographic features: frequency of travelling, domestic/international flights, long haul/short haul, purpose of travel, class of travel, gender, age, income.