Lithium Battery Shipping Guidelines
Supporting the safe transportation of lithium batteries by air
Lithium batteries are dangerous goods and can pose a safety risk if not prepared and shipped in compliance with international transport regulations.
Let the IATA Lithium Battery Shipping Guidelines (LBSG) guide you step by step through the shipping process. It’s everything you need to safely and efficiently prepare lithium battery shipments in compliance with international air transport regulations.
Available in the following formats
- Print - in English
- Download - Software for Windows - in English and Chinese
- Floating License - in English and Chinese
- Interactive Packing Examples - Interactive, animated examples of packing requirements.
- Tabs – Open the manual in a new tab to create customized favorites or open in a dedicated section +
- Favorites – Bookmark frequently referenced passages and sections for ease of access.
- Annotations – Mark up the manual with your comments to adapt to your unique processes +
- Navigation – Reference related content with just the click of a button.
+ features available on the eDownload versions.
Designed for you
Designed with manufacturers and shippers of lithium batteries and lithium battery powered equipment in mind, the LBSG can also be used by freight forwarders to assist them in discussions with their customers, as well as a reference by airlines and ground handlers.
The LBSG can also be purchased as an organization-wide floating license. Please see our Floating License offer or contact email@example.com for more information.
IATA Subject Matter Experts: firstname.lastname@example.org
CD-ROM & eDownload:
- Windows XP sp2, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8*, Windows 10*
- Intel Pentium or compatible processor
- 16 bit colour display, 800 x 600 resolution (1024 x 768 or higher recommended)
- CD-ROM drive (if product was delivered on CD)
- 150 MB or more available hard disk space
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0 or higher
- Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 (Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 installer is included in the product software setup package)
- Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Reader software version 6.0 or higher (Adobe Reader software installer is included with this CD)
- Administrator permissions during product installation and updates
- Internet connection (for automatic updates)
* Under Windows 8 / 10, the .NET Framework 2.0 must be downloaded from Microsoft's website and installed before this IATA application. Requires internet and administrator permissions.