The ICHM enables:
- C argo handling agents to follow clear standards
- Airlines to easily adopt industry standards
- Freight forwarders and shippers to understand their responsibilities in ensuring cargo operations are carried out seamlessly.
"A very positive step toward modernization and simplification of the air cargo industry."
Air France Cargo
"The ICHM will provide vital standardization to the industry."
Christian Bergfelder, Europe DHL
"Having an industry manual is vital for our future."
David Ambridge, Worldwide Flight Services
The ICHM provides:
- Streamlined and aligned cargo handling procedures and best practices in one place.
- New standards by using the Cargo Service Conference (CSC) governance structure for efficient publishing (from time of agreement)
- Alignment to the same structure as Member operations manuals.
- Content not found in the IATA Ground Operations Manual (IGOM) but currently found in airline cargo handling manuals.
- The Smart Facility Checklist for station self-assessment in Cargo & Mail Handling and preparation for the Smart Facility Audit Program.
The ICHM brings together the 90% of information that is common to individual carrier cargo handling manuals.
The manual develops and completes this information, bringing it up to current IATA standards. The content and preferred distribution methods for the ICHM have been tailored specifically for the cargo industry, based on an industry-wide survey.
Products and Pricing
As a 2015 analysis showed that only 25% of IATA standards are taken into account by airline cargo handling manuals, the comprehensive nature of the ICHM makes it the essential reference.