Security Manual evolution to SeMS Manual
What is changing
This marks the 10th and final edition of the Security Manual (SECM) as it transitions into the Security Management System (SeMS) Manual 1st edition.
All the operational content from the Security Manual has been relocated to four IATA manuals:
For a comprehensive overview, please refer to the detailed account of the content relocation (pdf).
If the content that is being relocated from the Security Manual 10th edition, fulfills your requirements, please note that it will still be available until 31 December 2017, afterwhich the respective above-mentioned manuals will need to be acquired.
10th edition content (SECM)
Focusing on the core elements, objectives and project plan principles of Security Management Systems (SeMS), this manual is key for any organization and its staff in adopting this pro-active and risk-oriented approach to aviation security.
This new edition has been revamped and streamlined. Please see the Table of Contents (pdf) for more information.
- New updates on the growing hot topic of insider threat
- Amended methods and practices to conduct security tests
- Integration of cyber focused elements into SeMS and security risk assessment process
- Sample case study of airline cyber security governance
- Streamlined to focus on Security Management System Development (future editions
will expand on this area)
- The interactive compliance checklist for each chapter (Excel) covering 65 criteria across 8 chapters
- Available as a Web Download, CD (this is the last year CDs are being produced) and introducing the Floating License.
9406-10 - Available Oct 24, 2016
9416-10 - Available Oct 24, 2016. For more information, go to www.iata.org/floating-license. Requires your IT department's support.