ITDI Partner News - Q2 2014
IATA and The University of Geneva to launch Diploma of Advanced Studies in Advocacy, Communication and External Relations
IATA and the University of Geneva are to launch an exciting joint program: Diploma of Advanced Studies in Advocacy, Communication and External Relations. Advocacy encompasses strong communication and project management skills combined with winning strategy and execution. More information about this part time, executive program is coming soon.
New Courses Available to IATA Regional Training Partners (RTPs)
IATA RTPs can now order and schedule the following new IATA courses in their regions:
- Aircraft Maintenance for Pilots (5 days): Identify aircraft maintenance issues, review maintenance activities pilots may perform with special permission and identify human
- Customs Security and Facilitation (3 days): A course about the latest customs security programs and trade facilitation measures to help simplify cargo business processes
- Recurrent Aviation Security Training (3 days): This course will help students stay current with the latest security incidents, regulations, procedures and technology trends
- Aviation Policy and Advocacy (3 days): Students learn to practice basic advocacy skills and develop campaigns around the issues that matter most to them.
IATA welcomes twelve new Global Training Partners
IATA’s network of global training partners continues to grow as we welcomed twelve new members this quarter. Welcome aboard to:
- Canadian International Freight Forwarders Association – Canada
- Sino-Dangerous Goods Transport Consultant Ltd. – China
- Air Travel Aviation Academy – Cyprus
- Schule für Tourismus Berlin – Germany
- Air Marine Transport Training Centre – Hong Kong
- Ligare Training Academy – India
- Galilee International Management Institute – Israel
- Myanmar Aviation Centre – Myanmar
- Nigeria College of Aviation Technology – Nigeria
- Lazarski University – Poland
- DGM Ukraine/Ziben – Ukraine
- Academia Superior de Ciencias Aeronauticas (ASCA) – Dominican Republic
IATA-University of Geneva Advanced Studies in Aviation Management Program holds 3rd Graduation Ceremony
It’s hard to believe we’ve already held our third graduation ceremony for our Advanced Studies in Aviation Management program delivered in partnership with the University of Geneva. Congratulations to all graduates! Details about our 2014-15 program can be found here.
Shanghai Pudong International Airport Cargo Terminal Co. Ltd. joins new IATA Plus program.
Shanghai Pudong International Airport Cargo Terminal Co. Ltd. (PACTL) of China has joined the new IATA PLUS program. PACTL and IATA will deliver cargo courses in Chinese for the first time. More information on how your qualified course content can be internationally endorsed by IATA can be found here.
IATA tests virtual learning methodologies with Fedex
IATA is testing virtual learning methodologies with our partners at FedEx in Memphis, U.S.A. Soon, other IATA training partners will be able to benefit from the expertise both organizations are creating for the benefit of the air cargo segment. More details about this initiative can be found here.
IATA and Stanford University’s Center for Professional Development hold successful virtual learning session
In February, we held another popular virtual learning session organized by our partners at Stanford University’s Center for Professional Development. The topic centered on challenges faced by air transport industry leaders: economic fluctuation, technology development and natural resource scarcity. Illustrious speakers provided great insights on how innovation, strategy execution and business model change can meet these challenges. View this virtual session.
IATA Global Partner Congress
The Global Training Partner Congress is IATA’s flagship event for our Authorized Training Centers (ATCs), Accredited Training Schools (ATSs), Regional Training Partners (RTPs) and Academic Partners. We look forward to discussing how we can work together more effectively, share best practices from regional markets and exchange ideas on emerging trends.
We expect this year’s event to be the biggest ever, covering training opportunities in all areas of aviation, including Cargo, Leadership & Management and Travel & Tourism. If you haven’t yet confirmed your participation, please send an email to email@example.com to secure your seat.