Travel Industry Designator Service (TIDS)
Designed for travel agents and other tourism sales intermediaries, the Travel Industry Designator (TIDS) is a unique code that allows your bookings to be recognized by all industry suppliers.
- Global identification and recognition by travel and tourism industries
- Speeds up reservations
- Protects remuneration
- Visibility through inclusion in all IATA Global Data Products
- Eligibility for employees to join IATA ID Card
- Government-issued license for travel agents (where applicable) or a copy of business registration
- Evidence of a bank account in the name of the company
- National Travel Agent Association proof of membership (if applicable)
- One (1) letter of recommendation from an IATA Airline or Global Distribution System (GDS) i.e. Amadeus, Galileo, Sabre or Worldspan or two (2) letters of recommendation - Sample of recommendation letter (pdf)
TIDS application form
Complete the application form below and submit it along with supporting documents, including the letters of recommendations, as per instructions stated in the form. Application form is available in English (EN), French (FR) and Spanish (SP):
Changes in your agency
In order to keep your records up-to-date and to stay in touch with you, please provide us with any changes within your agency. Complete one of the following forms and return it along with supporting documents as per instructions stated in the form.