Europe-Accredited Agent (EAA)
The Europe-Accredited Agent (EAA) programme has been adopted by the Passenger Agency Conference to respond to the reality of the European Single Market, and to contribute to the removal of barriers to trade and full freedom of establishment.
EEAs can operate throughout the EU, EEA & Switzerland on the basis of a single set of rules and unified management and reporting system.
- The agent's head office of the controlling entity must be an established IATA Accredited Agent with at least 12 months trading records, and accepting full financial responsibility for the performance of all of its locations
- Any IATA Accredited Agent established or planning to establish in more than one Member State may apply for EAA status
- It must be an officially registered company, established under the national law of a Member State of the EU, EEA or Switzerland and/or licensed to trade and offer travel agency services prescribed by the national commercial or fiscal law
- Once accredited as EAA the company can open affiiated, subsidiary locations or implant abroad, within the EU, EEA and Switzerland. Such locations cannot be the same legal entity as the Head Office
More information and application procedure
- The full scope and conditions for Europe-Accredited Agent status are described in Resolution 818a
- To apply, please complete this Europe Accredited Agent - Application Form (pdf) and send it, with supporting documentation, to:
- IATA Service Centre Europe
Torre Europa, planta 5
Paseo de la Castellana 95