For agents based in the US, please visit the IATAN site.
In order to obtain an IATA/IATAN ID Card, applicants must be working at a travel agency with a valid IATA Code and fulfill the following ID Card eligibility criteria. Some agencies may choose to have additional requirements such as probationary period or working hours, kindly consult with your agency before submitting the online application.
- Sole proprietors
- Shareholders - Owners of at least 20% of the shares in the company
- Managers - Any person holding a management position
- Employees - Any person working for the agency location who is drawing a salary but does not fit into the above categories. However, he/she must be currently involved in the administration, marketing, finance, operations, and/or sale of travel
- Independent Consultant - A person working for a travel agency pursuant to a written contract or agreement in compliance with applicable laws and regulations
- Owners must be owners on record with IATA, devote a minimum of 20 hours per week to the travel business. Partners and stockholders have to own 20% or more
- Be working for a Travel Agency location with an IATA assigned Industry Numeric Code
- Be 16 years of age or over (18 years of age for Canadian applicants)
- Devote at least 20 hours a week to the business of the agency in a remunerated position (Minimum CAD10,000 gross income per annum for Canadian applicants)
- Be employed for the company location
- Show on the appropriate disbursement records of the Agency
- Reside permanently in the country where the ID Card application is made
- Cargo, MSO, GSA, TRUE and Travelsellers.com locations are not eligible
False declaration will lead to the cancellation and blacklisting of cards.
Only one card is issued to eligible persons, although they may be eligible at another agency in another country.
Please note that we will only accept applications with a
valid email address.