For CC Billing at Origin: IATA says that the From and To Sector should be populated as Origin and Destination . Currently our RA System uses Origin & Origin for any Transfers at Origin, and based on this there is a differentiation from CC billing at Destination (where in our RA system we populate Origin & Destination)
Reason for us using Origin & Origin for CC billing at Origin is as below:
The sector billed indicates the point of transfer for charges collect shipments. Take for example an AWB going AAA-BBB-CCC:
· In case the point of transfer is AAA then sector billed would be shown as AAA-AAA.
· In case the point of transfer is BBB then sector billed would be shown as AAA-BBB.
· In case the point of transfer is CCC (and the other carrier acts as collector) then sector billed would be shown as AAA-CCC.
The billing values (and so also the provision by the billed carrier) are calculated on cumulative charges method as follows:
· Transfer at AAA: Freight = 0, ISC from AAA-CCC and other charges AAA-CCC
· Transfer at BBB: Freight from AAA-BBB, ISC from BBB-CCC and other charges AAA-CCC
· Transfer at CCC: Freight from AAA-CCC, ISC = 0 and other charges AAA-CCC
If we see above the point of transfer (or sector billed) cannot be derived from the billing values. If we were to send the sector billed as AAA-CCC for transfer at AAA and also for transfer at CCC (based on billing values) then we would risk rejection from the other carrier in both cases. Similarly inward billing processing would be impossible as the point of transfer is not being indicated or in fact being indicated incorrectly.
For CC shipments the billing is on cumulative charges method. Thus the sector ‘start airport’ is always the origin. The sector ‘end airport’ is the point of transfer.
This is as mentioned in the RAM Chapter A9, Attachment B: Column 9 which is reproduced below:
Column 9* - For charges collect shipments this will be the point of transfer.
* Where the billing airline is not involved in carriage and is therefore not billing for weight/rate charges, the point of origin shall be inserted in both elements, i.e. Carriage from and Carriage to.
Pls confirm our understanding.