Skip to main content

Test Home
You & IATA

Search

You are here: Home » Services » Financial Services » Simplified Interline Settlement » SIS Forums
  • Print this page
  • Share this page

Paper Support Requirements

This is a read-only copy of the discussions. To view the original, where you can reply, go here. For info on how to log in, please see the instructions.

Created by Lori T on 2010-11-23 09:18:08 Back to Topics

Paper Support Requirements

ACH is in the process of creating a revised version of the ACH Manual for Integrated Settlement.  Our working group has the following question.  This is a follow up to a response on Passenger Support" that we received from Gianna (I've attached a copy of that discussion).
 
We understand that for Passenger Transactions a carrier will be able to update their member profile to indicate they are migrated to IS, by type (1. Prime, 2. RM, BM & CM and 3. Sampling) and date.  3 months after the carrier has updated their profile by type and date they no longer need to supply paper to the billed airline for that type.
 
Is the same true for any of the other clearance types (Non- Transportation, Cargo and UATP)?  Will carriers have the ability to update their profile (as an example) for Non-Transportation by charge category?  Or is it just, first time billings and rejections?  If it's just first time billings and rejections, (in the example of Non-Transportation) that would indicate that while a carrier is only partially migrated in Non-Transportation (3 of their charge categories are going through IS, but the remaining 10 are not) they are still required to submit the paper support to the billing airline past 90 days.  Please confirm or provide detailed response.
 
 
 
 
Replied by Ashley H on 2010-12-20 09:27:46
Hi Lori,
 
Cargo/freight is the same as Pax, and Misc/Non-Trans is by category. If you are migrated in a category, you can stop sending paper after 3 months, whether prime or rejection. I would add (this has not been discussed or agreed) that if you elect to do a reject in a migrated category outside SIS, you have to support it with the paper. UATP has no paper processes for prime, so I would suggest (again, not discussed) that if the reject is done through SIS after 90 days of using SIS UATP, no paper support and if done outside SIS, paper support is required.
 
Best Regards.


From:
Posted: Tuesday, November 23, 2010 9:18 AM
Subject: Paper Support Requirements

ACH is in the process of creating a revised version of the ACH Manual for Integrated Settlement.  Our working group has the following question.  This is a follow up to a response on Passenger Support" that we received from Gianna (I've attached a copy of that discussion).
 
We understand that for Passenger Transactions a carrier will be able to update their member profile to indicate they are migrated to IS, by type (1. Prime, 2. RM, BM & CM and 3. Sampling) and date.  3 months after the carrier has updated their profile by type and date they no longer need to supply paper to the billed airline for that type.
 
Is the same true for any of the other clearance types (Non- Transportation, Cargo and UATP)?  Will carriers have the ability to update their profile (as an example) for Non-Transportation by charge category?  Or is it just, first time billings and rejections?  If it's just first time billings and rejections, (in the example of Non-Transportation) that would indicate that while a carrier is only partially migrated in Non-Transportation (3 of their charge categories are going through IS, but the remaining 10 are not) they are still required to submit the paper support to the billing airline past 90 days.  Please confirm or provide detailed response.
 
 
 
 
Replied by Lori T (Airlines Clearing House) on 2010-12-22 16:09:37
I just need to make sure I understand.  You're saying that if I'm a carrier that is sending 90% of my non transporation transactions through IS, but the remaining 10% still through the ACH Recap or IATA Web Manual Claim/F12 file process I would not be considered "migrated" and therefore all of my non transportation invoices must continue to be supported by paper to the billing airline until 90 days after such time as I am submitting 100% of my non transportation invoices through IS and have updated my profile to indicate that I have migrated in Non Transportation?

From:
Posted: Monday, December 20, 2010 9:27 AM
Subject: Paper Support Requirements

Hi Lori,
 
Cargo/freight is the same as Pax, and Misc/Non-Trans is by category. If you are migrated in a category, you can stop sending paper after 3 months, whether prime or rejection. I would add (this has not been discussed or agreed) that if you elect to do a reject in a migrated category outside SIS, you have to support it with the paper. UATP has no paper processes for prime, so I would suggest (again, not discussed) that if the reject is done through SIS after 90 days of using SIS UATP, no paper support and if done outside SIS, paper support is required.
 
Best Regards.


From:
Posted: Tuesday, November 23, 2010 9:18 AM
Subject: Paper Support Requirements

ACH is in the process of creating a revised version of the ACH Manual for Integrated Settlement.  Our working group has the following question.  This is a follow up to a response on Passenger Support" that we received from Gianna (I've attached a copy of that discussion).
 
We understand that for Passenger Transactions a carrier will be able to update their member profile to indicate they are migrated to IS, by type (1. Prime, 2. RM, BM & CM and 3. Sampling) and date.  3 months after the carrier has updated their profile by type and date they no longer need to supply paper to the billed airline for that type.
 
Is the same true for any of the other clearance types (Non- Transportation, Cargo and UATP)?  Will carriers have the ability to update their profile (as an example) for Non-Transportation by charge category?  Or is it just, first time billings and rejections?  If it's just first time billings and rejections, (in the example of Non-Transportation) that would indicate that while a carrier is only partially migrated in Non-Transportation (3 of their charge categories are going through IS, but the remaining 10 are not) they are still required to submit the paper support to the billing airline past 90 days.  Please confirm or provide detailed response.
 
 
 
 
Replied by Christina P on 2010-12-28 16:20:24
I may be missing something, but how would you only be sending part of your non-transportation transactions through IS?
 
Maybe it is because we are currently in the design of our system, but I can't see a partial migration of the non-transportation category?
 
Thanks,
Christina


From:
Posted: Wednesday, December 22, 2010 4:09 PM
Subject: Paper Support Requirements

I just need to make sure I understand.  You're saying that if I'm a carrier that is sending 90% of my non transporation transactions through IS, but the remaining 10% still through the ACH Recap or IATA Web Manual Claim/F12 file process I would not be considered "migrated" and therefore all of my non transportation invoices must continue to be supported by paper to the billing airline until 90 days after such time as I am submitting 100% of my non transportation invoices through IS and have updated my profile to indicate that I have migrated in Non Transportation?

From:
Posted: Monday, December 20, 2010 9:27 AM
Subject: Paper Support Requirements

Hi Lori,
 
Cargo/freight is the same as Pax, and Misc/Non-Trans is by category. If you are migrated in a category, you can stop sending paper after 3 months, whether prime or rejection. I would add (this has not been discussed or agreed) that if you elect to do a reject in a migrated category outside SIS, you have to support it with the paper. UATP has no paper processes for prime, so I would suggest (again, not discussed) that if the reject is done through SIS after 90 days of using SIS UATP, no paper support and if done outside SIS, paper support is required.
 
Best Regards.


From:
Posted: Tuesday, November 23, 2010 9:18 AM
Subject: Paper Support Requirements

ACH is in the process of creating a revised version of the ACH Manual for Integrated Settlement.  Our working group has the following question.  This is a follow up to a response on Passenger Support" that we received from Gianna (I've attached a copy of that discussion).
 
We understand that for Passenger Transactions a carrier will be able to update their member profile to indicate they are migrated to IS, by type (1. Prime, 2. RM, BM & CM and 3. Sampling) and date.  3 months after the carrier has updated their profile by type and date they no longer need to supply paper to the billed airline for that type.
 
Is the same true for any of the other clearance types (Non- Transportation, Cargo and UATP)?  Will carriers have the ability to update their profile (as an example) for Non-Transportation by charge category?  Or is it just, first time billings and rejections?  If it's just first time billings and rejections, (in the example of Non-Transportation) that would indicate that while a carrier is only partially migrated in Non-Transportation (3 of their charge categories are going through IS, but the remaining 10 are not) they are still required to submit the paper support to the billing airline past 90 days.  Please confirm or provide detailed response.
 
 
 
 
Replied by Lori T (Airlines Clearing House) on 2010-12-29 08:13:27
The thought is that a carrier may have certain types of invoices that are generated in the home office and other types in the field.  Perhaps those generated from the home office are easier and quicker to convert to IS so you could have part of non trans invoicing continuing in the old method and the other part using IS.


From:
Posted: Tuesday, December 28, 2010 4:20 PM
Subject: Paper Support Requirements

I may be missing something, but how would you only be sending part of your non-transportation transactions through IS?
 
Maybe it is because we are currently in the design of our system, but I can't see a partial migration of the non-transportation category?
 
Thanks,
Christina


From:
Posted: Wednesday, December 22, 2010 4:09 PM
Subject: Paper Support Requirements

I just need to make sure I understand.  You're saying that if I'm a carrier that is sending 90% of my non transporation transactions through IS, but the remaining 10% still through the ACH Recap or IATA Web Manual Claim/F12 file process I would not be considered "migrated" and therefore all of my non transportation invoices must continue to be supported by paper to the billing airline until 90 days after such time as I am submitting 100% of my non transportation invoices through IS and have updated my profile to indicate that I have migrated in Non Transportation?

From:
Posted: Monday, December 20, 2010 9:27 AM
Subject: Paper Support Requirements

Hi Lori,
 
Cargo/freight is the same as Pax, and Misc/Non-Trans is by category. If you are migrated in a category, you can stop sending paper after 3 months, whether prime or rejection. I would add (this has not been discussed or agreed) that if you elect to do a reject in a migrated category outside SIS, you have to support it with the paper. UATP has no paper processes for prime, so I would suggest (again, not discussed) that if the reject is done through SIS after 90 days of using SIS UATP, no paper support and if done outside SIS, paper support is required.
 
Best Regards.


From:
Posted: Tuesday, November 23, 2010 9:18 AM
Subject: Paper Support Requirements

ACH is in the process of creating a revised version of the ACH Manual for Integrated Settlement.  Our working group has the following question.  This is a follow up to a response on Passenger Support" that we received from Gianna (I've attached a copy of that discussion).
 
We understand that for Passenger Transactions a carrier will be able to update their member profile to indicate they are migrated to IS, by type (1. Prime, 2. RM, BM & CM and 3. Sampling) and date.  3 months after the carrier has updated their profile by type and date they no longer need to supply paper to the billed airline for that type.
 
Is the same true for any of the other clearance types (Non- Transportation, Cargo and UATP)?  Will carriers have the ability to update their profile (as an example) for Non-Transportation by charge category?  Or is it just, first time billings and rejections?  If it's just first time billings and rejections, (in the example of Non-Transportation) that would indicate that while a carrier is only partially migrated in Non-Transportation (3 of their charge categories are going through IS, but the remaining 10 are not) they are still required to submit the paper support to the billing airline past 90 days.  Please confirm or provide detailed response.
 
 
 
 
 
ADVERTISEMENT


Additional information

© International Air Transport Association (IATA) 2014. All rights reserved.