Sorry for the delay, but we had to take your questions back and decide on the answers.
Please find my answers interspersed below (preceded by JS (= James Shannon)).
Posted: Thursday, September 30, 2010 4:42 PM
Subject: IS Fees
1. Will the IS per invoice charge be billed at an overall carrier level, or an the individual billing class level? (i.e.: AA receives one bill for USD$1000 that covers P,C,M and U class invoices for 2010 activity, or AA receives 4 separate bills for USD$250 each covering invoices in each class for 2010 activity).
JS: The IS transaction fees (the "per invoice charge") will be billed monthly. Fees for all categories will be included on the same invoice, but the per-category charges will be broken out (either per-line item, or as part of the line item details).
2. For budgeting purposes, will the IS reports provide what invoices count, support count size, etc are billed by a carrier so that we can create an accurate budget for the next year? When would this information be available? We will be creating our own reports, but would need to reconcile against what IS indicates was submitted to ensure proper billing.
JS: There will be a report available via IS-WEB which will show the details which you specify. This report will be available all of the time, and updated daily.
3. Will the flat fee be billed in conjunction with the per invoice charge- A comprehensive invoice, or will it be on a separate invoice? Is the flat fee per billing class or for the carrier as a whole?
JS: The flat fee is per carrier, not per billing category. The flat fee will be billed annually and will be a separate invoice from the transaction fees.
4. If migrating at SIS Go Live!, would it be safe to state that our charges in 2011 would be the surcharges based on the number of billings we submitted from Go Live! until the end of 2011, plus our normal flat rates?
JS: Yes, the fees which you will pay through 2011 will include all transactions submitted in 2011 plus the annual fees (the normal flat rates) prorated, as per the current timelines, at 1/3 (Sept - Dec, inclusive).
5. Would it be correct to state that these charges will be billed via Miscellaneous Class in January following the year that was just ended (therefore charges from Sep2011-Dec2011 would be billed Jan2012, and Jan2012-Dec2012 would be billed Jan2013, etc)?
JS: See question 1. Transaction fees are billed monthly in arrears, while the annual fees are billed yearly in advance. All of these fees will be billed in the Misc category.
6. Would it be possible to get a comprehensive example of what a final billing amount would be so as to understand the math a little clearer? I had a hard time following the Airline Business Case example from beginning to end to understand the total cost I could expect for Miscellaneous billings.
JS: No, there are no examples in addition to what is in the ABC. However, if you have any specific questions, you can revert in this discussion forum.