Flight Data Analysis (FDA) Service
IATA's web-based Flight Data Analysis (FDA) Service powered by CAE Flightscape brings together a comprehensive suite of tools and expertise to unlock the value of airlines' flight data and improve safety and operational efficiency.
Flight data, extracted directly from the aircraft's Flight Data Recorder (FDR) or optional Quick Access Recorder (QAR), is routinely analysed, enabling you to highlight risk areas in your daily operations.
FDA saves airlines from having to recruit internal flight data expertise and purchase associated systems by providing direct access to the very best analysts and methodologies available today. The value of FDA is further enhanced by IATA's unique ability to share lessons learned across the airline community to increase global industry safety levels.
Outsourcing FDA work to IATA is a cost effective way to meet:
- The recommendations of the IATA Operational Safety Audit (IOSA)
- The standards and best practices of the International Civil Organization (ICAO)
- Access to a group of experts with accident investigation experience
- Airline maintains full ownership and access to its flight data
- A secured Web-based interface allows airline team to access results anytime, anywhere in the world where there is internet access
- Download De-identified electronic data from aircraft and uploading it to IATA FDA service via secure File Transfer Protocol (FTP)
- Recurrent data processing and events detection within one business day
- Validation of events within 3 days
- Detailed event and accident investigation analyses, including full high-end flight animations
- Program monitoring, statistical, graphs and trend analyses
- A web based events sharing and discussion forum
- Eliminate need for internal flight data expertise and processing software
- Benefit from IATA economies of scale, lower set-up and on-going costs
- Rely upon a neutral and highly trusted organization
- Be part of a network of industry leading flight data analysts from aircraft manufacturers, governments, and airlines
- Over 60 years combined experience between IATA and Flightscape in FDA and accident/incident investigation
- Lower training, maintenance and operational costs
- No specific hardware required
- Vice President Operations
- Vice President Safety
- Director Safety
- Flight Safety Manager
- Director Operations
- Fleet Managers
- Pilots and Engineers
How to launch your FDA program?
- Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for an IATA FDA service technical & sales visit
For further information on the program please consult the FDA frequently asked questions (pdf)