General Information on Distance Learning Exams
Examinations for IATA Distance Learning courses are either paper-based or completed online depending on the course and the location. If your course has an online exam, it will either be supervised or un-supervised. You can find this information on each course web page.
To help you prepare for you exam, practice exams are available for selected courses to support your learning.
- Exams are held 4 times a year in the first week of March, June, September, and December respectively.
- You can change your exam session and/or location within the enrollment period, as long as it is done before the exam registration deadline. Please refer to the General Examination User Guide (pdf) for instruction on how to change exam session and location.
- 2-3 weeks prior to the exam session, your Local Coordinator will send you an exam invitation letter with your exam date and location.
- Your exam invitation letter contains essential information about permitted reference material. You can also refer to the course page for this information.
- You can check the Course edition list for exams (pdf) for the course edition applicable for your exam.
Important notes for open book exams
- If you have purchased an eTextbook version, you are responsible to bring printed pages of the study material.
- You are allowed to make notes in your study material.
- You are not allowed to add any additional pages to your study material.
- Your Local Coordinator cannot assist you with any enrollment, registration or examination related matters. Please contact us for the related matters.
- If you have signed up through one of our Authorized Training Centers (ATCs), please contact your ATC for any questions you might have.
On the day of the exam
- Ensure to be present at least 30 minutes prior to the exam. Students who are late will not be accepted to the exam.
- Bring a piece of government issued identity proof that includes a picture of you.
- Make sure to sign the exam attendance list upon receipt of your exam booklet and answer sheet.
- Verify your name and exam material. Any discrepancies must be flagged to the Local Coordinator before submitting your exam answer sheet.
- Sign your answer sheet.
- If you are going to take an online exam, you need to prepare your user name and password before your exam. Please make sure you have completed and submitted your exam before you exit the session. You may review all exam questions and change any of your responses, provided it is done within the time allocated for the session.
- Sign out on the exam attendance list after you return the exam booklet and answer sheet
- You will receive your exam results on the exam result release day mentioned in the exam schedule.
- IATA Training does not provide scores for exams. You will receive your result as a Pass, Pass with Distinction, Fail, or No Show.
- A distinction can only be obtained if you achieve the required minimum score at your first exam attempt.
- Certificates and diplomas will be provided to Local Coordinators for individual students, and to ATCs for ATC students, approximately 4 to 6 weeks after the exam results have been published.
IATA Training offers online exams for certain courses. Please refer to your course page to see if your exam is supervised or online.
If your exam is online, please refer to the Online examination user guide for instructions on how to take the exam.
IATA Training offers online practice exams for certain courses. If you are enrolled in one of these courses, you will be able to access the corresponding practice exam through your User Account. Please refer to the Practice exam user guide for instructions on how to take your online practice exam.
Exam on Demand
IATA Training offers exam-on-demand sessions for organizations having a minimum of 10 students per exam session. The offer is subject to certain conditions and fees. Please see the full details.
Other Exam-related Information
Request a duplicate diploma/ Letter of attestation
Students who successfully completed an IATA Training course in the last five years can request a duplicate diploma or a letter of attestation online.
Validate a certificate
IATA Training certificates issued after January 1, 2013 can be validated online.
Apply for a diploma
If you have completed all the required courses for a distance learning diploma program within the allotted time frame, you can apply for the diploma by completing the Contact Us Form. In the form, please attach copies of all the course certificates and provide your full name, the title of the diploma you are applying for, your complete mailing address as well as your contact number. The IATA Training team will validate your eligibility and issue you the diploma.
Find an exam location
All IATA Training exam locations can be found on the interactive map.