Aviation Management Professional (AvMP)
Demonstrate your commitment to the aviation profession and your expertise by validating your education, experience and competency. Prove your knowledge and skills to the market and potential employers by earning the IATA Aviation Management Professional (AvMP) designation.
With the proper aviation training, knowledge of the industry, and an IATA designation, you will be sure you’re on top of your game and at the same time earn the necessary credentials that are globally recognized.
Who Should apply ?
- Airline professionals
- Airport professionals
- Civil Aviation Authority professionals
- University of Geneva or Nanyang University Aviation Program Graduates
- Anyone interested in a management career in the aviation industry and meets the requirements
Your education + experience = a professional designation from IATA!
Here’s what you need:
Relevant Full-Time Experience2
Trade or professional diploma or certificate
|1. Or global equivalent|
2. Management experience; military aviation or civil airport engineering background does not qualify
Include two reference letters from your current and/or past employer(s) supporting your aviation management experience, proof of education and complete the online form. It’s that simple!
New to the industry? Don’t worry, you can earn your professional designation through one of our esteemed training partners:
Maintain your Certification
Your IATA AvMP designation is valid for a period of three years. To renew your designation, you must demonstrate that you have furthered your professional development over the past 36 months by earning 50 “points” (except for Stanford – IATA Aviation Program graduates) by:
- Continuing to work in the aviation industry – 15 points
- Keeping your skills current by completing two IATA courses – 10 points
- Participating in the advancement of the field as a trainer or guest speaker – 10 points
- Attending an industry event – 5 points
- Actively participating in IATA webinars and/or workshops – 5 points
- Purchasing a relevant industry publication – 5 points
- Being a member of an industry association – 5 points
- Actively promoting the IATA Professional Designation Program to attract new members– 5 points
Your application for renewal must be accompanied by the following supporting documents (as applicable):
- Copy of your current IATA AvMP Certificate or Stanford – IATA Certificate
- Updated CV and reference letter(s) showing employment in the industry over the past 36 months
- Copies of your certificates (for new courses)
- Proof of participation as a trainer or guest speaker
- Proof of attendance at industry events
- Proof of participation in IATA webinars and/or workshops
- Proof of purchase of relevant industry publications
- Proof of membership in an industry association
- Proof of promotion of the IATA Professional Designation Program resulting in one new application
* Waived for University of Geneva or Nanyang University Aviation Program Graduates