Travel and Tourism Professional (TTP)
In this super competitive market, the best Travel &Tourism professionals know how to prove their worth to travel customers — with a TTP designation from IATA. Whether you work in a travel agency, hotel or another area of the multifaceted Travel & Tourism industry, this designation will help open doors.
Who Should apply ?
- Travel professionals and consultants
- Hospitality professionals
- Government and Tourism professionals
- IATA Travel & Tourism Diploma graduates
Your education + experience = a professional certification from IATA!
Here’s what you need:
Relevant Full-Time Experience
Bachelor or Undergraduate degree
Trade or professional diploma or certificate
|1. Or global equivalent|
Just include a reference letter from your current or past employer(s) supporting your Travel & Tourism experience, proof of education and complete the online form. It’s that simple!
New to the industry? Don’t worry, you can earn your certification by completing the IATA Travel and Tourism Diploma (view a list of available Diplomas). Graduates automatically meet the requirements for TTP certification and can apply for their initial TTP designation with special conditions and at a discounted price.
Become an IATA Accredited Agent
Maintain your Certification
Your IATA certification remains valid for a period of two years. To renew your certification, you must demonstrate that you have furthered your professional development over the past 24 months by earning 50 IATA recertification “points” by:
- Continued employment in a travel & tourism function – 15 points
- Maintaining knowledge and skills by earning an IATA course certificate or diploma in IATA’s International Travel and Tourism Training Program within the last two years– 10 points each
- Maintaining knowledge and skills by participating in IATA webinars and/or workshops in the last two years – 5 points
- Contribution to the profession as a trainer for a period of 3 months or more within the last two years (10 points)
- Contribution to the profession as a guest speaker to a travel and tourism audience within the last two years– 5 points
- Attending a local or global industry event within the last two years– 5 points
- Subscribing to a relevant IATA industry publication in the last two years – 5 points
- Joining an industry association in the last two years – 5 points
- Actively promoting the IATA Certification Program to attract new members– 5 points
Your application for recertification must be accompanied by the following supporting documents (as applicable):
- Copy of your current IATA TTP Certificate
- Updated CV and proof of participation in the industry over the past 24 months
- Copies of your certificates (for new courses)
- Proof of participation as a trainer or guest speaker
- Proof of attendance at industry events
- Proof of participation in IATA webinars and/or workshops
- Proof of purchase of relevant IATA industry publications
- Proof of membership in an industry association
- Proof of promotion of the IATA Certification Program resulting in one newly certified professional
* Waived for IATA Travel and Tourism Diploma graduates