Travel and Tourism Professional (TTP)
In this competitive market, the best travel and tourism professionals know how to prove their worth to customers — with a TTP designation from IATA. Whether you work in a travel agency, hotel or another area of the multifaceted travel and tourism industry, this designation will help open doors.
Who Should apply ?
- Travel professionals and consultants
- Hospitality professionals
- Government and tourism professionals
- IATA Travel and Tourism diploma graduates
Your education + experience = a professional certification from IATA!
Here’s what you need:
Relevant Full-Time Experience
Bachelor or Undergraduate degree
Trade or professional diploma or certificate
|1. Or global equivalent|
Include a reference letter from your current or past employer(s) supporting your travel and tourism experience, proof of education and complete the online form. It’s that simple!
New to the industry? Don’t worry, you can earn your designation by completing the IATA Travel and Tourism Diploma (view a list of available Diplomas). Graduates automatically meet the requirements for the TTP designation and can apply with special conditions and at a discounted price.
Become an IATA Accredited Agent
Maintain your Certification
Your IATA professional designation remains valid for a period of two years. To renew your designation, you must demonstrate that you have furthered your professional development over the past 24 months by earning 50 “points” by:
- Continued employment in a travel and tourism function – 15 points
- Maintaining knowledge and skills by earning an IATA course certificate or diploma in IATA’s Travel and Tourism Training Program within the last two years– 10 points each
- Maintaining knowledge and skills by participating in IATA webinars and/or workshops in the last two years – 5 points
- Contribution to the profession as a trainer for a period of 3 months or more within the last two years (10 points)
- Contribution to the profession as a guest speaker to a travel and tourism audience within the last two years– 5 points
- Attending a local or global industry event within the last two years– 5 points
- Subscribing to a relevant IATA industry publication in the last two years – 5 points
- Joining an industry association in the last two years – 5 points
- Actively promoting the IATA Professional Designation Program to attract new members– 5 points
Your application for renewal must be accompanied by the following supporting documents (as applicable):
- Copy of your current IATA TTP Certificate
- Updated CV and proof of participation in the industry over the past 24 months
- Copies of your certificates (for new courses)
- Proof of participation as a trainer or guest speaker
- Proof of attendance at industry events
- Proof of participation in IATA webinars and/or workshops
- Proof of purchase of relevant IATA industry publications
- Proof of membership in an industry association
- Proof of promotion of the IATA Professional Designation Program resulting in one new application
* Waived for IATA Travel and Tourism Diploma graduates