Revalidate your IATA DGR certificate with the latest amendments and directives!
Update your knowledge of ICAO/IATA DGR and their requirements concerning the transport of dangerous goods by air. Improve your understanding of current practices and revised applications, including DGR identification, classification, packing, marking, labelling and preparation of transport documentation.
Available as: Classroom & In-Company course
Duration: 2 days (16 hours)
Recommended level: Intermediate
Prerequisites: Participants must hold a valid IATA DGR certificate to register for this course.
There are currently no scheduled classes. Check back later for updates or contact us to arrange a class in your company.
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Comply with the 24-month ICAO/IATA recurrent dangerous goods training requirement
- Review current updates of the IATA DGR
- Use the latest ICAO/IATA amendments and directives
- Review the identification, classification, packing, marking and labelling of dangerous goods according to regulations
- Revise the completion of transport documentation
- Interpret and review current IATA DGR
- Limitations related to excepted/limited quantities
- Classification and identification of dangerous goods
- Packing, marking and labelling requirements
- UN specifications packaging
- Limited quantities and over packs
- Explosive compatibility and segregation requirements
- Updates related to the shipment of radioactive materials
- Updates related to the Shipper’s Declarations and other relevant documentation including air waybills and checklists
Download full outline and schedule
- Group exercise
- Final examination
This course is recommended for:
- All personnel identified in Category 3 as per Table 1.5.A of the IATA DGR
- Freight forwarder staff responsible for processing dangerous goods (HAZMAT) shipments
- IATA Cargo Agents
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade level of 80% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to all participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-company sessions. Our 200+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields.
Graduates of this course can apply for the
Harvard ManageMentor (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.