Did you know that in the past 3 years, 225 participants from 23 countries have taken this course with IATA?
Starting with an overview of the legal responsibilities involved, this course provides you with a practical understanding of aircraft accident preparedness and the details of the investigation process. Gain the knowledge and skills to manage or participate in an accident response and support formal investigations.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-company training.
- This classroom course provides 5 days (40 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an examination
- Participants should have prior knowledge of ICAO Annexes 13, 19, Doc 9859 AN/460
- Recommended level is Management and Professional
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or equivalent for other languages.
|Sep 11 - Sep 15, 2017 - Turkey, Istanbul (TKAA-RTP)
5 additional classes are scheduled. See all
What you will learn
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the entire aircraft accident investigation process
- Know how to manage accident preparedness
- Participate in and support formal investigations.
- Basic safety concepts and terminology
- State accident investigation responsibilities especially Annex 13, 19 and ICAO Doc 9859
- European regulation, national and domestic provisions and military provisions
- Preparation and readiness for an investigation into an aircraft accident
- Step by step process for managing an accident response including support functions such as managing communications and the media
- Participation in on-site investigation including safety on the accident site
- Accident and incident investigation techniques
- Flight recorders
- Airframe investigation
- How to manage investigation into the power plant both on-site and in the workshop
- Fire investigation
- How to investigate various aircraft systems
- Numerous Case Studies
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Personnel involved in accident investigations from:
- Civil aviation authorities
- Airport authorities
- Air navigation service providers
- Accident investigation agencies and related aviation organisations
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-company sessions. Our 200+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.