DescriptionPrices & Registration
Feeling unable to explain your agency’s financials? Are you frustrated that you don’t understand accounting transactions or your financial statements? Why they are so important?
Your agency’s financial health is key to the survival of your business; analyzing and controlling your finances leads to strong business plans and better strategic decisions. Learn to speak accounting language, grasp accounting principles and interpret financial statements to assess and steer your business. This step-by-step, interactive online course walks you through practical accounting and finance procedures and proven strategies for profitability. Supporting case studies and simulation activities makes this course practical and stimulates creative thinking to help you assess whether your business meets the requirements of investment, government and industry regulators such as IATA.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Interpret standard annual and management accounts : income statement, balance sheet, cash flow, budget and forecast workbooks
- Analyse financial data to make business decisions and draft a business plan
- Create a budget according to the business plan, track performance and forecast with action plans
- Choose an accounting system that supports business goals and needs
- Define cost saving strategies to manage unpredictable costs
- Identify financing options best suited to the travel agency’s needs and goals
- Benchmark your business performance against IATA accreditation criteria and ratios
- This self-study eLearning course requires approximately 15 hours of study, to be completed within 6 months.
- Student performance will be based on an examination. Please refer to the Exam Information below for more details.
- Plan-Do-Check-Act (PDCA) cycle and business planning at a travel agency
- Financial reports, annual and management accounts
- Accounting systems and data management
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Cost and cash flow management, and financing options
Who should attend
This course is recommended for existing or aspiring:
- Retail and wholesale travel business owners, managers, and supervisors
- Independent travel consultants and home-based agents
- Travel shop accounting and finance staff
- External accounting consultants and service providers
Upon successful completion of the exam, you will be awarded an e-Certificate available for you to print for your records.
Please read the General Information on Distance Learning Exams, and check the Distance Learning - Course edition list for exams when booking your exam.
- Exam Delivery Method: Non-supervised online-based exam. Exam can be taken any time at your convenience.
- Exam Format: Multiple Choice questions
- Number of questions: 60
- Time Allowance: 2 hours
- Passing Grade: 70% correct answers
- Number of exam attempts: 1
Important note: The exam is accessible after you have completed modules 1 to 3. Once you have started the exam you can no longer access the course modules.
About IATA eLearning Training
- This self-study eLearning course delivers comprehensive instruction to busy aviation and travel industry professionals.
- eLearning is a quick and flexible training method providing learner-friendly materials that allow you to learn using short, interactive modules.
- Write your exam online at a time that is convenient to you.
- Order online to receive access to this course on our eLearning platform.