Did you know that in the past 3 years, 236 participants from 48 countries have taken this course with IATA?
This highly interactive course provides a 360° management perspective from industry experts working at the most successful airlines and freight forwarders about the air cargo industry. You will review the cargo management system with an international perspective, focusing on the business, operations and regulatory fundamentals. Over five days you will explore how the air cargo industry is changing and how to identify opportunities to become more successful as a manager in your company.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-company training.
- This classroom course provides 5 days (40 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Participants should have prior knowledge of air cargo procedures
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Management
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or equivalent for other languages.
|Apr 23 - Apr 27, 2018 - Panama, Panama City (IATA)
7 additional classes are scheduled. See all
What you will learn
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Improve your competitive performance using practical management tools including revenue management and pricing
- Identify your customers’ changing needs to adjust your business for immediate results
- Maintain optimum levels of customer service without increasing your costs
- Analyze changes within the cargo industry and its stakeholders
- Stay current with the latest business and technological trends
- The cargo industry and its stakeholders
- Marketing and sales for cargo
- Pricing and revenue management
- Trends in technology
- IATA’s e-cargo initiatives
- Optimizing the use of the internet and intranet within your organization
- Operations and management
- Cargo trends and forecasts
- Business processes
- Industry regulations and their impact
- Business cases
- Final examination
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Cargo and airline managers
- Air cargo agents, forwarders, consolidators middle or senior management staff
- Young graduates aspiring an executive career in the air cargo industry
- Entry-level regulators and other industry stakeholders
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-company sessions. Our 200+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.