Master the techniques of planning, building and managing Air Cargo Operations. In a world of increasing competition, a clear business strategy is crucial, and more important than ever before. Learn how to define a correct business strategy and also to put that strategy into action.
The techniques presented in this course will help you to save money, avoid risks, enhance your cargo operations and achieve profitable growth in today’s and tomorrow’s business environment. It will show you how to develop an effective Air Cargo Operations strategy and manage it successfully.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-company training.
- This classroom course provides 4 days (32 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an examination
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Management and Professional
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or equivalent for other languages.
|Oct 02 - Oct 05, 2018 - Netherlands, Amsterdam (IATA)
2 additional classes are scheduled. See all
What you will learn
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the Cargo operations management framework
- Gain insight on the development of strategies, initiatives to introduce and sustain competitive Cargo operations
- Focus on lean six sigma best practices, tools and models to develop and implement effective operations
- Understand the management tools and techniques used to manage day-to-day operations successfully
- Develop your management, finance, negotiation, and planning skills
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Cargo operational staff with substantial cargo industry experience
- Airline station managers and supervisors responsible for cargo operations
- Cargo officers with some experience in the air cargo industry
- Ground operations managers and supervisors
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-company sessions. Our 200+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.