This course will provide you with an overview of the air transportation system that illustrates the interdependence among its components: airlines, airports, civil aviation authorities and air navigation services.
Course formatThis distance learning course is available in Printed and eTextbook format.
- This course requires approximately 45 hours of study, to be completed in 18 months.
- Student performance will be based on an examination. Please refer to the Exam Information below for more details.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Apply your knowledge and skills in the aviation industry and make more effective decisions for your organisation
- Become a more valuable employee or potential employee by having a thorough knowledge of the air transport industry, its function and role
- Provide insight into current trends and issues in civil aviation, such as aviation safety and security, law and new technology
- Overview of the air transport system
- Aviation law
- Role and function of world aviation organizations
- Role and function of civil aviation authorities (CAAs)
- Role and function of airlines
- Role and function of airports
- Role and function of air navigation service (ANS) providers
- Impact of technology on air transportation
- The future of air transportation
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Junior-level managers in all fields of aviation
- Managers entering the aviation industry
An IATA Certificate is awarded to participants successfully passing the final exam.
Please read the General Information on Distance Learning Exams, and check the Distance Learning - Course edition list for exams when booking your exam.
- Exam Delivery Method: Supervised exam in IATA Exam location. Physical Attendance is required. Depending on exam venue availability online exams are available.
- Exam Format: Multiple Choice questions, Closed
- Number of questions: 100
- Time Allowance: 3 hours
- Passing Grade: 60 correct answers
- Distinction Grade: 90 correct answers
- Number of exam attempts: 2
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
Select any 4 (out of a choice of 8) Aviation Courses in eTextbook format and receive them with a free iPad.
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.