This course will provide you with an overview of the air transportation system that illustrates the interdependence among its components: airlines, airports, civil aviation authorities and air navigation services.
Course format: This distance learning course is available in Printed and eTextbook format.
- This course requires approximately 45 hours of study, to be completed in 18 months.
- All candidates will be given 2 attempts to successfully complete the final exam.
- To successfully pass the exam, the student must achieve a grade of 60% or higher.
- An IATA Certificate is awarded upon successful completion of the final examination.
- This course is part of the IATA Diploma in Aviation Studies.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Apply your knowledge and skills in the aviation industry and make more effective decisions for your organisation
- Become a more valuable employee or potential employee by having a thorough knowledge of the air transport industry, its function and role
- Provide insight into current trends and issues in civil aviation, such as aviation safety and security, law and new technology
- Build or refresh management and leadership skills
- Respond to management challenges effectively
- Overview of the air transport system
- Aviation law
- Role and function of world aviation organizations
- Role and function of civil aviation authorities (CAAs)
- Role and function of airlines
- Role and function of airports
- Role and function of air navigation service (ANS) providers
- Impact of technology on air transportation
- The future of air transportation
Download full outline
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Junior-level managers in all fields of aviation
- Managers entering the aviation industry
An IATA Certificate is awarded to participants successfully passing the final exam.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.
Select any 4 of the 8 available Aviation Courses in eTextbook format and receive them with a free iPad. Learn more