Did you know that in the past 3 years, 215 participants from 46 countries have taken this course with IATA?
Understand the ICAO Standards and Regulatory Procedures (SARPs), regulations (JARs, FARs) and requirements relating to aircraft certification and continuing airworthiness, and learn how to apply these processes in your organization. Master the processes involved in obtaining and holding an Air Operator Certificate (AOC): relevant documentation; elements of a maintenance program; manuals, logs and records. Know the processes relevant to Approved Maintenance Organizations (AMO) including Quality Assurance and building a Training Program.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-company training.
- This classroom course provides 5 days (40 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Management and Professional
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or equivalent for other languages.
What you will learn
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the rules and regulations applying to aircraft certification and continuing airworthiness
- Develop a safety system compliant with international requirements
- Prepare and carry out safety audits on airline and maintenance organizations
- Approve aircraft maintenance control and procedural manuals, maintenance programs and minimum equipment lists
- Rules and documentation relating to the airworthiness of aircraft
- State responsibilities
- Type of certification; Certificate of Airworthiness; Continuing airworthiness
- Operator responsibilities
- Air Operator Certificate (AOC)
- Reliability program
- Continuing airworthiness documents
- Maintenance control manual and program
- Minimum Equipment List (MEL) and Master MEL
- Flight safety documents system
- Manuals, logs and records
- Approved Maintenance Organizations (AMO)
- Quality system
- AMO training programs
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Managers from civil aviation authorities and regulators
- Engineers and managers from airlines, aircraft maintenance organizations, and maintenance, repair and overhaul organizations
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
About IATA Classroom Training
We train more than 10,000 aviation professionals annually through our global network of IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partners, and in private in-company sessions. Our 200+ classroom courses are developed using IATA’s unique industry insight and delivered by IATA Instructors, experts in their fields. More
Graduates of this course can apply for the Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM) distance learning program at a special graduate price.